Two Channels relation

Johnbalj

Reaction score
Lets suppose that i have 2 channels associated with the same google accounts.
and Lets assume that One of the channels shut down due to some violations, does this effect the other channel ?

Johnbalj

Reaction score
I am just asking to know what to do in future. If i create 2 different channels using the same google account or each with separate one so one is not effected if something bad happens to other one.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If the violations are related to monetization and adsense, then Google will close the adsense account and the person will be banned for life from adsense.

Johnbalj

Reaction score
But what about copyright strikes and taking down the channel ?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
But what about copyright strikes and taking down the channel ?
As channel terminations are levied against you as the channel owner, and an owner who has had a channel terminated by YouTube isn't allowed to create, access or possess any channels afterwards, any further channels you own will be terminated as well. It won't matter if they are on the same Google account, or totally different Google accounts. YouTube will kill them as soon as they determine they are owned by a terminated user.

In the case of a copyright termination, further owned channels will say:

"This channel has been terminated because it is associated with a channel terminated for copyright infringement."

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Has this already happened to you by any chance, or were you seeking a way around YouTube's rules?
If it was the latter, you need to know that YouTube stepped up termination ban enforcement in mid-2017.

Typically, one is only allowed a single appeal chance on TOS and community guidelines terminations now; and if your appeal fails, all secondary appeals will be rejected. Also if a terminated user should try to create a new account after being banned, he gets a screen with a stack of televisions, and a red banner that says:

"Can't create account due to past account issues."

Copyright bans can only be overturned by either a successful counter-notification, or by persuading the rightful owners of the stolen media to withdraw the strikes placed against the user's channel. Fraudulent counter-notifications will end in an instant account termination for false filing of a legal form.

So you see, it's much better if you follow the rules and don't post copyright material you don't own the rights to; as if you get yourself terminated, it's a lifetime ban, with all formerly existing loopholes closed.

Last edited: