Twitter Retweets for Traffic

chrispcgaming

I've Got It
So my gaming channel is a week old with only 6 videos that really haven't produced much traffic at all, but one of my videos got a nice boost of traffic one day (39 views total so far).

Well, come to find out because I mentioned the games twitter account (some of the other games don't have a twitter handle) the retweet is what got me that boost in traffic.

OK, so what I'm going to try to do from now on with my channel is do series of games that have twitter accounts and gives me retweets. If a game has a twitter account, but doesn't retweet me I'll unfollow them, and move on from that game unless later on fans want me to play that game.

Such a good idea! I didn't post my first couple videos on twitter but did on the third and noticed traffic went up a bit after I posted it on twitter. Social media is a great place to post videos to get the word out more!

Such a good idea! I didn't post my first couple videos on twitter but did on the third and noticed traffic went up a bit after I posted it on twitter. Social media is a great place to post videos to get the word out more!

Just posting to twitter doesn't do much for traffic, but getting retweets from big accounts does.

V

Very true... I had a few friends retweet my video. Did you use any specific hashtags for your post? Just curious..

Yes I did, but the traffic came from the games twitter account.

This game only has 7,300 followers so I couldn't imagine getting your video retweeted on an account with 100,000+ followers.[DOUBLEPOST=1478646276,1478562474][/DOUBLEPOST]Deleting all my videos and now focusing on the games that give retweets.

Nice - good idea! I've never actually mentioned an account to get them to retweet me, but I've noticed that a decent amount of my traffic comes from twitter. It's also a great place to get feedback and to connect with people!

Nice - good idea! I've never actually mentioned an account to get them to retweet me, but I've noticed that a decent amount of my traffic comes from twitter. It's also a great place to get feedback and to connect with people!

Its kinda hard, but if you can get a retweet from someone big its worth it.

Back