Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, guys! I've been on YouTube for a month now and I've developed quite a passion for it. But I'm curious to hear from those who have been on the site for a longer period of time- what are your tips and tricks? What difficulties have you encountered? How did you overcome them? What was a big YT milestone for you? Whatever your stories are, I want to hear them. Let me know down below!

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Although I've had my current channel for less than a month, I've had previous channels so I hope that qualifies me to be able to talk?!

Passion is literally the key. It you enjoy making your videos, it will be evident to the viewers and they will enjoy them as well :D

Also patience is important. It takes time to grow, nobody can do it overnight. You just have to wait for the views to come, and being active on YTTalk/other communities will help that ;)

Love your channel btw, keep it up :)

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
For someone who has been on and off in YouTube for over 4 years and having success with 2 channels here are what I feel are the main factors for maintaining a successful channel and a growing channel.

Patience, your not going to be the next PewDiePie or Zoella in a few days, the grind is real and be ready for it.
Effort, maybe your not that good when it comes to video editing but at least make some effort to make sure your viewers are comfortable watching your videos and not watching some half a** vlog you threw together and uploaded it from your phone. If you want people to give you the time of day then you need to be willing to put in the time and effort into your videos for those people.
Motivation, sometimes finding motivation is hard and can even be seen as a daunting task but if your passionate about what your doing and have areal genuine interest in what you do then it will make it a lot easier and seem like less of a chore and more fun.
If at any point in time you feel like making a video for YouTube feels like work, then are you sure your happy with what your doing with yourself

And my final pit of advice for you is to Engage with your audience and other people. If you want the love, support and encouragement from the community your dealing with then be a part of that community, talk to other people who have an interest in what your interested in, watch other YouTubers who do similar videos and let them know your there to help support them and their channel. Eventually you build a network and things start to lift by themselves.

Reactions: GIGABYTE

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Although I've had my current channel for less than a month, I've had previous channels so I hope that qualifies me to be able to talk?!

Passion is literally the key. It you enjoy making your videos, it will be evident to the viewers and they will enjoy them as well :D

Also patience is important. It takes time to grow, nobody can do it overnight. You just have to wait for the views to come, and being active on YTTalk/other communities will help that ;)

Love your channel btw, keep it up :)
Hi, Martin! Really anyone can talk, I was just hoping to start a discussion. But, I agree with you 100%! It is so evident when an individual is not passionate about what they're doing. Also, thanks for the channel love! I really enjoy yours as well- you're so natural in front of the camera. Thanks for sharing![DOUBLEPOST=1467557289,1467556919][/DOUBLEPOST]
For someone who has been on and off in YouTube for over 4 years and having success with 2 channels here are what I feel are the main factors for maintaining a successful channel and a growing channel.

Patience, your not going to be the next PewDiePie or Zoella in a few days, the grind is real and be ready for it.
Effort, maybe your not that good when it comes to video editing but at least make some effort to make sure your viewers are comfortable watching your videos and not watching some half a** vlog you threw together and uploaded it from your phone. If you want people to give you the time of day then you need to be willing to put in the time and effort into your videos for those people.
Motivation, sometimes finding motivation is hard and can even be seen as a daunting task but if your passionate about what your doing and have areal genuine interest in what you do then it will make it a lot easier and seem like less of a chore and more fun.
If at any point in time you feel like making a video for YouTube feels like work, then are you sure your happy with what your doing with yourself

And my final pit of advice for you is to Engage with your audience and other people. If you want the love, support and encouragement from the community your dealing with then be a part of that community, talk to other people who have an interest in what your interested in, watch other YouTubers who do similar videos and let them know your there to help support them and their channel. Eventually you build a network and things start to lift by themselves.
This is so great! I will definitely keep these things in mind moving forward. I think a lot of people join YouTube thinking that if they post a couple videos, they'll just blow up. But, as we all know, it takes a great deal of time and effort. I was actually thinking about this the other day and I came to the conclusion that I would rather work for a stable audience than have one handed to me. If a person gains a significant amount of subscribers overnight, they're often left clueless. I sure as hell wouldn't know what to do. So, for right now, I'm extremely happy where I'm at. Thanks so much for sharing!

Reactions: NotSoMartin

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
tips and tricks?
1. Be Yourself
2. Don't force yourself to create content, it has to flow (quite literally) from the heart. If your heart is not in it people will notice
3. Edit edit edit, do the best you can with the means you have. That way you will never be able to say "I could have done better". People that say your work isn't up to their standards may certainly have that opinion, but you know you are operating at 100% capacity. And over time you will get better!
4. Do NOT pay to much attention to the numbers. I put this in bold... and red... it is the downfall of many a YouTuber. You can not expect to get big just like that. You got to work at it. For some it comes "easy" but others have battled to get to 100K and beyond.
What difficulties have you encountered?
Pimarily hardware issues. Like dust spots on the lens that you can't see until everything is shot. It is something you deal with when you are not a professional with professional grade equipment that has better dust protection.​
How did you overcome them?
I just dealt with it. Not before getting a little p****d at myself for not checking before a shoot. But it happens. You can't change the past, only the future.​
What was a big YT milestone for you?
I think that would be 100 and 1000 subscribers. When I passed 100 I felt pretty good, but once I passed 1000 I felt I was on the right track with my content. I am no succes story (3.1K subscribers and I just passed my 3rd year anniversary) but I am having loads of fun.​

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had my current channel for a little over two years now and I've learned many tips that have helped me. The first one is to upload content that you are happy with. If you make a video and aren't feeling satisfied with it, even if you're trying to stick to a schedule, don't upload it. You want to be proud of your content. The second tip is not to be concerned about the numbers. You may be disappointed at times when a video doesn't do as well as you had hoped, but the best thing to do in that situation is to look at the positive response the video did get and constantly work on improving it. The biggest milestone I have achieved is 100 subscribers, but I hope to increase that to 200 soon. As for obstacles, the biggest one I had was worrying about people from school finding my channel. I overcame that by slowly getting the courage to tell people, starting with a close friend. Every time it got easier, until it no longer became a worry! I hope this was helpful and I wish you good luck for your channel!:)

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm far from being a big channel but I've had a decent growth of 640 subs in 3 months.

Best tips:
1. Aim to master SEO like the back of your hand
2. Do videos that you like and can stay committed to, and not ones you simply lust for. Think of it like marriage vs. one night stands. Aim for marriage.
3. Makes friends with channels much bigger than you. Comment on their videos, retweet their stuff, join their live streams
4. Little controversial but treat your channel like a business rather than a hobby. People will take your more seriously and you'll put more effort into your videos.
5. Consistency is great, but what's more important is to always go to sleep a little wiser than yesterday.

Difficulties:
- Haters
- Promoting

Solution:
- Just learned to be nice to my haters.
- For promoting, watched and read a lot of tutorials and read a lot of books

Big milestones:
My first 100 was easy cuz I just bugged my friends. But 200 was difficult and 500 was a big grind. But I can taste 1000 :)

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Well just be yourself for the most part. Patience is also key, it takes some effort and luck to become famous. Sometimes this 1 idea in a video that gets liked will get you to become famous :)

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just seeing all these posts now. But there are some really great tips in here! Thanks for sharing everyone!

ION

Reaction score
I guess I'm kind of a giant with 60k subs but I just signed up and thought I can give some simple piece of advice.

Before you upload. Watch your own video. This gets rid of errors so haters have less to mess with.

Next, upload. However long it takes to upload is how long you should spend tweaking your title, description, title. It forces you to use the time, and use it wisely.

Now, hit "Public. Watch you video again. This time, you are a subscriber. I kid you not, watch it again and this time, ask your self, "where would I click off" and then leave a like..

If you click off your own video quickly or don't leave a like on it...remove it.

Improve from there. Keep at it and the world will do the rest.

Cheers!

Reactions: Rachel Berry