Time For A Channel Review!

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So I recently started uploading more often because I've been on my summer break! That being said, I made some changes to my channel; my commentary videos now feature my face instead of just my voice over some gameplay! I've also started to use a microphone arm for my mic so I don't have to record at a desk! I also changed up my thumbnails a bit to incorporate myself into them!

I could totally use some feedback on my videos now that I'm using a facecam instead of just my voice over gameplay, my thumbnails since I may have gotten worse at making them due to taking a break for school, and whether or not my microphone arm is annoying being in my videos despite maybe making my audio better!

Also, this is just an overall question that i'd like some opinions on, should I change my channel icon to a picture of myself? I've been fine with my current icon for a while but I'm just wondering if you guys feel like theres any appeal to changing it!

Soul Hyorinmaru

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In your case, do what makes you feel comfortable, i would show your face in your thumbnails, the ones you do seem more appealing to me in my opinion. You don't really need to change the icon because i already would see you in the thumbnails depending on the video and the whole mic thing is fine, but i would invest in another one besides the snowball, there are high quality mics out there for the low low price

Reactions: Justine

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
In your case, do what makes you feel comfortable, i would show your face in your thumbnails, the ones you do seem more appealing to me in my opinion. You don't really need to change the icon because i already would see you in the thumbnails depending on the video and the whole mic thing is fine, but i would invest in another one besides the snowball, there are high quality mics out there for the low low price
Aye thanks! I'm looking into getting the blue yeti mic when I can (probably with my next paycheck tbh) but if you have others that you'd recommend, I'm open to suggestions!

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think it's a great touch to include your face in the commentaries. I do think people like to connect with another human face, especially with a good amount of dialogue happening. The microphone arm doesn't bother me. I've got a Blue Yeti, and I love it!

The icon is a tough one, because it works for your persona and channel name to have a doll-esque avatar. I think it adds to your overall look and feel. I would consider having the same icon across your channel art, profile picture for brand recognition. Your audience will tie that image to you. :)

Reactions: Justine