Thumbnails too much?

Banished

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey,
Can some people let me know if my new thumbnails are a bit to much?
And any advice would be rad!

Johnny_Seagull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Personally, I think the multi-coloured text is a bit much. Like, having "Part 2" etc as a different colour to the title text is fine, but maybe try making the main text i.e. "HOW TO GAIN CONFIDENCE" as one colour. Also it might be beneficial to make the thumbnails as a whole more interesting; putting your face on them for example, add a bit of personality.
Those are my thoughts, anyway.

Thijstastic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Your text is clear to read on your thumbnail, just give them a great background instead of a lot of black.

Banished

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Personally, I think the multi-coloured text is a bit much. Like, having "Part 2" etc as a different colour to the title text is fine, but maybe try making the main text i.e. "HOW TO GAIN CONFIDENCE" as one colour. Also it might be beneficial to make the thumbnails as a whole more interesting; putting your face on them for example, add a bit of personality.
Those are my thoughts, anyway.
Alright sweet, cheers for the advice! Means a lot[DOUBLEPOST=1467795866,1467795813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your text is clear to read on your thumbnail, just give them a great background instead of a lot of black.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I've been so unsure of the background. Cheers!

Reactions: Johnny_Seagull

Thijstastic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Alright sweet, cheers for the advice! Means a lot[DOUBLEPOST=1467795866,1467795813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I've been so unsure of the background. Cheers!
Try to get a background that has to do with your video. And otherwise, you can find backgrounds with the keyword "wallpaper" or "background" just on google.

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Do you plan on doing videos in front of a camera all the time? If so, put your face in the thumbnails and remove the text or shrink it down. That can be your branding.

Reactions: Odralix

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
After reading your post I thought I was gonna find really intense and in-your-face thumbnails, but don't worry, I don't think they're too much. They could be toned down a bit but that's up to you. Hope I helped! :)

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont think they are over the top. A little too bright IMO also there is no real personality involved.

Banished

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Do you plan on doing videos in front of a camera all the time? If so, put your face in the thumbnails and remove the text or shrink it down. That can be your branding.
Yeah In front of a camera. I'll give that a go I think, just been hesitant to put my face that close up on a thumbnail haha[DOUBLEPOST=1467807761,1467807722][/DOUBLEPOST]
After reading your post I thought I was gonna find really intense and in-your-face thumbnails, but don't worry, I don't think they're too much. They could be toned down a bit but that's up to you. Hope I helped! :)
Cheers man! I took your advice and changed it up a bit haha.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey,
Can some people let me know if my new thumbnails are a bit to much?
And any advice would be rad!
I would say, keep your thumbnails clean. There's too much at :/