Thumbnails! Gah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Does anyone else have this problem, you change the video thumbnail to something you want and save it, then wait like it says and it still doesnt change. I cannot stand it lol I understand them caching it but why does it take so long, I am starting to doubt mine will change because it was 2 days ago that I changed the thumbnail setting and saved it. Anyone else have this issue themselves?

Youtube does state that it may take a while for the thumbnail to be updated, but I've never heard of it taking 2 days +, I changed one of mine and it took about 1/2 a day

Two days ago I uploaded my video and put it on a thumbnail I want..now it's still stuck on some thumbnail I didn't choose...it still hasn't changed. D: It's taking soo long..

I changed my first video thumbnail just after uploading it and its still the same, that was the 31st March. I will try and save again and hope it refreshes it but I have done that twice I think now. So annoying!
--- merged: Apr 2, 2012 1:25 PM ---
Two days ago I uploaded my video and put it on a thumbnail I want..now it's still stuck on some thumbnail I didn't choose...it still hasn't changed. D: It's taking soo long..

Sounds like the exact same problem as mine, and some of the thumbnails really make you look daft at times like say if I had my mouth open or eyes half closed when blinking, they should have it refresh much quicker than this in my opinion.

I'm having the same problem. Which is particularly annoying considering YouTube takes it upon themselves to choose the most awkward thumbnails! haha

There have been some significant changes to the YouTube system which is causing many different problems for uploaders, it is being looked into and hopefully soon things will return to "normal"

In efforts to prevent botting as well as make the YouTube system more responsive the coding has been altered and that seems to be causing instability issues, thumbnails not being loaded and all sorts of other "small" things.

The friend system thing was also introduced and that was a big step in coding which probably messed up other stuff lol

All in all, good effort on YouTube´s part for trying to get rid of botters but it is a battle that sadly can´t be won...

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back