Thumbnail help please

dopeglam

J and d plus3
Hey guys I was wondering what do you use other than photo shop ( give me free places) to do thumbnails now when I day thumbnails you could look at mine they aren't super bad but I want to know how to make them like me cut out of a pic then copied on a background if you don't know what I mean check out Shane Dawson's thumbnails I wanna know how to do that.

I personally use picmonkey for all my thumbnails. Cutting myself out of a pic takes a little longer than photo shop because I dont have the lasso tool but it still works fine. The way you do this on picmonkey is you go to edit --> custom --> then make the picture 1920x1080 or whatever your resolution while you're filming is --> Import your picture --> then while your picture is selected hit the eraser tool and just erase all around yourself. It takes a little bit of time but its how I get the same effect. Hope I helped a bit

I personally use picmonkey for all my thumbnails. Cutting myself out of a pic takes a little longer than photo shop because I dont have the lasso tool but it still works fine. The way you do this on picmonkey is you go to edit --> custom --> then make the picture 1920x1080 or whatever your resolution while you're filming is --> Import your picture --> then while your picture is selected hit the eraser tool and just erase all around yourself. It takes a little bit of time but its how I get the same effect. Hope I helped a bit
Thank you I didn't know you could do that on there that's the site I actually use for my thumbnails too:)

There are a few online sites you can use just for very basic channel art which does the job pretty well but nothing beats Photoshop. It well worth learning in the long run especially if you want to gain more traffic and look more professional.

Hey guys I was wondering what do you use other than photo shop ( give me free places) to do thumbnails now when I day thumbnails you could look at mine they aren't super bad but I want to know how to make them like me cut out of a pic then copied on a background if you don't know what I mean check out Shane Dawson's thumbnails I wanna know how to do that.

I don't know who Shane Dawson is but if you want to cut yourself out and change the background photoshop is the best choice. Gimp is the free alternative but it's just not as good. If you don't want to pay for creative cloud you can always look for an older version like CS3-4 since simple things like that are in every version and the older ones might be cheaper

I'm using Gimp at the moment because I can't afford Photoshop. I hate it, but it does the job. I think if you have a PC its not so bad, but Gimp doesn't play very well with a Mac. You can also make really simple thumbnails right in YouTube. I don't know if it's an option with YouTube itself or if you need to add the TubeBuddy extension. Either way, the TubeBuddy extension is a pretty handy little tool to have.

Back