Thoughts on what youtube is becoming

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
YouTube won. It's over.

MySpace, for example, tried to win the "social media" race. It lost.

Facebook is still fighting to hold supreme.

But YouTube, YouTube has won the "Video Platform" race, if you will.

It's not just the site as we know it. It's the scale. It's the integrations. It's the mass amount of data. This ship isn't sinking in our lifetime. The only thing that will change will be the medium in which we are consuming it.
Wrong, youtube lost market share on streaming with netflix, amazon and tiktok.

Tiktok is becoming a big videos plateform and there is the chinese governement for the money. First website for young people (less 15 years old)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Tiktok is so cringe - full of people trying to be edgy and starting memes and trends and doing silly dances. Or maybe I'm just getting old?

YouTube has gone to the opposite extreme - I find it very sterile. A victim of its own success I suppose.

Emmi331

Reaction score
I have no idea what most of you are talking about....are you taking it too seriously? LOL I LOVE YouTube and would be bereft without it. I cut the cord on cable t.v., so I count on YT to deliver the news - much of it live streaming. Not to mention having almost limitless classical and meditation music videos - I've built up big collections in my YT library and am still going. I rarely listen to music any other way (except in my car radio). Also old radio shows, standup comedy videos, how-to lessons, all kinds of short subjects, and so much more! Now, if all of this ever becomes threatened, that's when I'll get riled up!

I have no idea if YT is right-leaning, left-leaning, or backward-leaning, and I don't really care. YT provides hours of pleasure and entertainment for millions of us, and we're very grateful for it.

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is true iron I've seen this in a facebook group I'm in which is asking how do i get views and subs on my channel.

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Emmi331 that is true but I feel that now a days everyone on the platform is mostly trying to "cancel each other" and you have some ogs who are quitting YouTube which is big shock.

Emmi331

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts, Carlos....However, because I stick to what I really enjoy on YouTube, I have no idea what it means to "cancel" someone or what "ogs" are. And what is meant by "platform" - does this mean YT in general? I apologize for being woefully ignorant! :( I seem to be unaware of the more global aspects of YT....

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Emmi331 so cancel culture would mean you did something scandalous or malicious at tent. ogs are the ones that pioneered youtube into what youtube is or was example Jenna Marbles, Pewdiepie, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Shane Dawson, Colleen Balling er, Joey Graceffa etc... p.s. yes YouTube in general and no you weren't being wrongfully ignorant.

Reactions: Emmi331

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Youtube will continue to exist but the Youtube we know will die. Eventually it's gonna become another NetflixHulu type thing and only the very top of the absolute top will be able to actually create content for it anymore. The rest will be actual big budget produced shows with actual actors.

Eventually unless you're a creator, you'll have to pay a monthly subscription just to see Youtube. Youtube Red was one attempt, now Youtube TV is another. They're gonna keep pushing it until they push the You out of Youtube and it just becomes a full on subscription service.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
In your original post I did not what YouTube 'had become'. It seems to the same to me. But I see now that you are talking about the cancel culture. I have seen some (very little) on Instagram but none on YT. Guess it depends on who you follow...

YT is my main source of online entertainment. I have no problems with it as a creator or a viewer.