Thoughts on variety gaming channel on Youtube

Stoner Gamer

Yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What are your thoughts on variety gaming channels. Is it better to focus on one game or lay multiple games. I personally play different games, so my content is going to be a variety. Since Fifa 19 came out i have mostly made Fifa videos but i sill plan on uploading up call of duty, Fortnite and others games. I was thinking to make another channel where i can upload videos from one game but then that channel ids dependant on me playing it often enough to keep the channel going.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I focus mostly on one game, particularly at the beginning, how many fifa players also want to watch Fortnight? Once you get more established I think it can be easier to start to branch out more.

Reactions: Stoner Gamer

Stoner Gamer

Yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the advice. It is true but id like to think some people would like variety, but yh thats probably a small percentage of people

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah ultimately thats the problem it tends to be a small percentage and realistically is your personality such a draw people will want to watch you no matter what you play? In time as you get more of a following you can get away with it more in my experience.

For example my normal total war arena videos get average 500 to 600 views yet if i venture into even other total war titles or different games i get around 100 to 300

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I think that if your channel is more personality-based, than be a variety channel. But if it's the opposite and your channel is more focused on the game itself (like Ninja and Fortnite or various Overwatch news coverage and strategy channels)

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Variety is best and ups your chances of getting a wider range of viewers. It's like, I know some people like Overwatch or Fortnite, but to watch a channel that is nothing but one game? That would be boring, and what will you do when that game fizzles out?

Stoner Gamer

Yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do like having a variety. I suppose I could have a separate channel. One for variety and another for focusing on one game

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find doing one game initially is good, I'm still only doing one game series mostly because I don't know what other game would be good to play and record, which I think is why when you do multiple games at once it kind of divides the channel too much, but I cant really comment much on it as I am only a very small channel not even got a 100 subs yet, but nevertheless that is my opinion that its best to focus on one game at a time in episodes.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Variety of games. People will get sick of watching Youtuber playing the same things until they grow old. Some will unsubscribe because they get sick of it and think that you just stick to your comfort zone and won't try out anything new. If those people unsubscribe you because they watch you play different games then don't expect those particular subscriber to stay very long in just 1 games only. You just need to do trial and error and find the right audience. Popular recent games will most likely get you view and subscribers because they are hot trending.