This is why Sub-4-Sub Doesn't Work

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most people think that if you have a high Subscriber count, then the views and watch time will follow. WRONG!

This is what really happens when people sub-4-sub. If people do sub-4-sub, they rarely (if ever) will watch a video of the person they subscribed to. So to YouTube, the subscriber is dead in the water (and YouTube doesn't like that). Even if that person does click on your video and gives you a view, it's very rarely that they will watch more then 5% of that video which will HURT your channel and your video, more then will it help.

Most people who Sub-4-Sub, do this for hundreds of people. Back in the day, that actually worked. Now, it's going to hurt your channel.

I hope this helps people understand why this is a very bad idea when it comes to your channel.

Sorry for being so negative, but this is a issue I see on a daily basis and it's going to hurt a lot of channels if people don't understand it.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes, sub4sub has been covered many times throughout the forums.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry for being so negative, but this is a issue I see on a daily basis and it's going to hurt a lot of channels if people don't understand it.
You are not being negative dude you are just telling the truth:) And this has been covered a lot here on the forum and I think most Youtuber here know that by now:) But no harm in bringing this up once again and as mentioned you are 100% right..I still hear some Youtubers recomending sub4sub in the beginning (when you just started your channel) but no reason for doing it at all.

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You are not being negative dude you are just telling the truth:) And this has been covered a lot here on the forum and I think most Youtuber here know that by now:) But no harm in bringing this up once again and as mentioned you are 100% right..I still hear some Youtubers recomending sub4sub in the beginning (when you just started your channel) but no reason for doing it at all.
Yeah it's very true. Some people are still getting that information that sub4sub is good. :) As a community we have to make sure people don't ruin their channels before they even start.

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I started my channel, I was watching videos of how to increase viewership etc. and there were a bunch of people asking and a bunch of people responding to it so I joined them and it made zero difference. Lesson learned the hard way.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sub-for-sub or follow-for-follow or whatever never works. If the point is to get more viewers for your channel then getting subscribers who have no vested interest in watching your content gets you nowhere. I've done videos on this, where having thousands and thousands of subscribers, but your videos still only get a dozen views... why bother?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tried it since I was desperate for subs (long ago of course not recently)
I did it mainly because someone else had my name and I was like "I have to get more subs!"

Ya know it was kinda annoying, because people would come on my videos and they'd comment asking for a sub back. It was annoying.

Although some of my subs aren't active. I wondered why and then I discovered like 22% are Russian and another 23% was Brazilian. Not exactly those numbers.

I feel like Sub4sub works just to get your name out there a little, but you shouldn't do it bast 100 subs. I might have just gotten lucky since around that time I got a huge boom on my channel.