This Algorithm and Upload Frequency: HELP!

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello every,

I make pretty comprehensive comedy sketches. They require A LOT of work because I am a one man team, and I plan to keep it that way going forward. Although I can produce a good 2 minute sketch in 1.5-2 weeks, and a very short sketch in a few days, I find my cadence is about 2-4 videos a month.

I know some other channels reviews products and vlogs by holding a camera in their face, and can upload much more frequently because of their difference in channel, but I can't.

How often do I need to post to have the YouTube algorithm work in my favor? Do I have to post everyday? Or is a 2-4 videos frequncy a month enough to cut it?

My fear is that YouTube won't care to push my content because they aren't happy with my frequency, and I refuse to change my style to something more production friendly. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

Basit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've been watching some people like Darrel Eves, who is a YouTube expert and he's been saying upload frequency is very important for the YouTube Algorithm! If you can't upload as frequently, making playlists is also a very good option as it's seen as creating a "new link"

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Youtube prefers people that upload frequently since they are the ones who will bring the cash and watch time. Meaning they are bringing more traffic and profit for them in other words. Remember that youtube is a business and they want people to watch for hours and hours, so when someone uploads every day or some they are bringing lots of traffic, that is if they get the watch time.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think the general consensus will be more frequency = more favorable algorithm.

Your major pillar content takes 2 weeks, but what if you were to break down what you accomplished each day in a short vlog that you post every day or every other day. Just sit in front of the camera and give a little behind the scenes of what you're working on, how you acquired your props, joke ideas, things you had to cut, trouble you got into, etc..

I'd actually be really interested in seeing the work and stories that build up to a major piece of content every two weeks.

My two cents.

Explorationnation

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I upload once a week and am getting 1000 plus subs a month. I think it's fine uploading once a week but maybe only if your videos are ten mins long or more

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Upload frequency is important, I have a rigid schedule, that I stick to twice a week, which I think is what is helping me grow. I don't know for certain though. What you could do is upload extra content based around your sketches. Say bloopers, how you did it, or just general chat around the genre, vlogs of your set up and equipment etc. This will both please the algorithm, you're not taking away your normal content, and your subscribers have something new and different to watch.