The smart dingus guide to Reddit.

AntonBro

Reaction score
made a few subs with reddit thus far, ill consider this guide too

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I tried Reddit but my video got taken out by moderators for being "self-promotion". My karma is only about 7 and I dont now how to get it higher....It has been months since I haven't tried Reddit again...[DOUBLEPOST=1500829102,1500829078][/DOUBLEPOST]
how to increase karma on reddit ?
good question...i have no idea :([DOUBLEPOST=1500829327][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great post! I've never really used Reddit before to promote my videos but I think I will definitely start now!
let me now how it goes...i tried posting a video months ago (when my videos werent even monetized) and on 2 occasions they took it down because it was self-promotion...Well..then everybody showing their art is self-promoting?

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I tried Reddit but my video got taken out by moderators for being "self-promotion". My karma is only about 7 and I dont now how to get it higher....It has been months since I haven't tried Reddit again...[DOUBLEPOST=1500829102,1500829078][/DOUBLEPOST]
good question...i have no idea :([DOUBLEPOST=1500829327][/DOUBLEPOST]
let me now how it goes...i tried posting a video months ago (when my videos werent even monetized) and on 2 occasions they took it down because it was self-promotion...Well..then everybody showing their art is self-promoting?

reddit can be a double edged sword. my latest video went absolutely viral in the philosophy reddit (17k reddit views in less than 24 hours), but I got banned from the history reddit because of self-promotion (although I post there like once every three weeks and haven't posted in over a week). You need to find a reddit that has below 200 readers at a time so your post doesn't get lost.

Reactions: ArtesVives

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
reddit can be a double edged sword. my latest video went absolutely viral in the philosophy reddit (17k reddit views in less than 24 hours), but I got banned from the history reddit because of self-promotion (although I post there like once every three weeks and haven't posted in over a week). You need to find a reddit that has below 200 readers at a time so your post doesn't get lost.
any recipe not to look like "self-promotion"?

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
any recipe not to look like "self-promotion"?
I think you just need to be a part of the community. Also some sub reddits don't mind self promotion since that is the nature of their sub reddit. For example I post a lot on the military history subreddit and half the posts are either pictures or other people sharing their content. It even says it's okay in the rules so they are very lenient. You either have to find a subreddit that has a community that expects this sort of behavior or you have to post and contribute a bit more. The ban made me slightly paranoid so I've decided to integrate my post a little more and give back, so to speak.

Reactions: ArtesVives

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you just need to be a part of the community. Also some sub reddits don't mind self promotion since that is the nature of their sub reddit. For example I post a lot on the military history subreddit and half the posts are either pictures or other people sharing their content. It even says it's okay in the rules so they are very lenient. You either have to find a subreddit that has a community that expects this sort of behavior or you have to post and contribute a bit more. The ban made me slightly paranoid so I've decided to integrate my post a little more and give back, so to speak.
i've been in the art subredding all this time....we'll see what happens...i'll try to comment see if i make more karma points

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
@uberdanger Great guide, I always feel a bit lost at reddit too so this information makes it much clearer. I know it's a huge community so I think a bit like here, it's more about being involved rather than just getting on there spamming.

I don't understand why anyone would think they can just put a video up and get hundreds or thousands of views when nobody has even exchanged a word with them. It's about becoming recognisable and 'getting to know people, at least names/avatars' as they become familiar you build a rapport. Pretty much the same as in real life.