The smart dingus guide to Reddit.

sbrewer918

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Cool stuff!

Question though.. How would I use Reddit for my videos? I do guitar covers etc. of all types of bands. Huge well known ones (Metallica etc.) and some smaller cult status ones. I still dont really have a full grasp on Reddit, and I'm not a gamer... which that seems to be the market that has really gotten a lot of push from Reddit. Thanks guys!!

mrrandomguy466

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I posted my first video to the Pillars of eternity subreddit seeming that that was the game I played, and I got 70 views within the day, no subs though, which is probably not so good

Razer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've used reddit in the past for a league of legends video... it was really good it got me 7,000 views on it... I've only used it the once but some people do spam their videos on reddit which is annoying.

NWoo10

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've been posting my vlogs on reddit. Unfortunately, it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as gaming videos, it seems. I'll get maybe 50-75 views over the course of the first few days, but then that's it. All the vlogging subreddits are just full of new people, like me, trying to get their videos out in the open.

iS-iPad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another awesome member of YTtalk told me to read this before going on reddit and it has been very helpful :)

forever4

Super Poster
Reaction score
I've been posting my vlogs on reddit. Unfortunately, it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as gaming videos, it seems. I'll get maybe 50-75 views over the course of the first few days, but then that's it. All the vlogging subreddits are just full of new people, like me, trying to get their videos out in the open.
Are you a new user? I'm a new user here so my post will likely be marked as spammed, so i'm not sure what to do abt this.

NWoo10

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Are you a new user? I'm a new user here so my post will likely be marked as spammed, so i'm not sure what to do abt this.
Yep, I was a new user. I recently got shadowbanned because I might have come across as spammy. So just tread lightly.

Last edited:

forever4

Super Poster
Reaction score
Yep, I was a new user. I recently got shadowbanned because I might have come across as spammy. So just tread lightly.
oh well

wanna be youtube friend to support each other then? :D

HomelessRyder

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you, seems to me that Reddit is a big source of traffic that I've been missing. I'll definitely be going there a lot more often from now on :D