The small stay small, the big get bigger.

I do like your guide, it was very helpful. I don't understand, however, what a gateway video is. I haven't been posting videos long enough to know the jargon, lol. I did do an introduction to me as a gamer, but I did do a few videos of games first which I suppose are like LPs. I think I perhaps should have started with my introduction first to see how that rode out. I think I just got excited about making videos and went overboard :eek:
Well basically a gateway video means a "semi-viral" video, which is appealing to a wide audience, and it has a lot of views. This makes it an easy entry point for people to subscribe to you.[DOUBLEPOST=1366723346,1366723323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, great post OP, that was awesome!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write and share it with us :)
You're welcome :D glad I could help.

Thanks for the love :)
Let me quickly mention this in my guide, making just stuff with black ops 2, or any other Call of Duty will likely halt your growth. It's one of the most overplayed sections of the gaming community, and ESPECIALLY if you make stuff like sniper montages and stuff like that.

I'm not saying your videos are bad, I can't judge that since I don't watch COD stuff, however if you really wanna make it on Youtube try expanding your horizons (sure you can get a gateway video through cod, if you're the 1 video out of 200.000 videos which get's more than half a million views)

You can tell a lot about if a video has a chance of making it, this:
"Hey guys, I just thought I'd try something new, I hope you like it ^^"
Has a chance of making it.

THIS HOWEVER:
"Montage includes "Six men Feed", Triple Feed, 360 noscope, and 360 fakie weapon switch noscope"
probably has the same chances of making it, that Jay Leno ever has of getting a six-pack.

Okay :(

But actually it's not that easy to do something new in today's world.
If you want to do game videos, you make cod, minecraft or battlefield.

It's the lack of ideas and possibilities that makes it hard.

Okay :(

But actually it's not that easy to do something new in today's world.
If you want to do game videos, you make cod, minecraft or battlefield.

It's the lack of ideas and possibilities that makes it hard.
That is so untrue, there are thousands of games to play, I find most of them funnier to play than bf cod and minecraft. You make it sound like to get big you gotta do theese games, it's the other way around, people are so tired of seeing theese s****y games.

Try moving past theese limitations, you will never get a big channel by doing cod, especially if you start now.

That is so untrue, there are thousands of games to play, I find most of them funnier to play than bf cod and minecraft. You make it sound like to get big you gotta do theese games, it's the other way around, people are so tired of seeing theese s****y games.

Try moving past theese limitations, you will never get a big channel by doing cod, especially if you start now.
I've been trying to do the exact opposite. Many of my favorite games are older ones, however a lot of my videos are being buried underneath everything.

I enjoy making these videos because its sharing my favortie games with people :D ones that they have probably never heard anything about. It difficult to get them out there when no one has heard of them though. Will have to wait for people wanting to feeling of nostalgia to come along...

I've been trying to do the exact opposite. Many of my favorite games are older ones, however a lot of my videos are being buried underneath everything.

I enjoy making these videos because its sharing my favortie games with people :D ones that they have probably never heard anything about. It difficult to get them out there when no one has heard of them though. Will have to wait for people wanting to feeling of nostalgia to come along...
Yeah get some gateway videos, I really wanna share Megaman X4 with the world, but I wait till 20.000 subs with that let's play, since otherwise people just wouldn't watch it.

Actually one of the keys to getting views on YT in the gaming world these days is to play an Indie Game that's REALLY good and get it up before anyone else. Try it.

OR, OR.

The small gets smaller while the big gets bigger, like the poor getting poorer while the rich are getting richer!

Back