The small stay small, the big get bigger.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't see the pun?
In League of Legends, winning for your team is known as "carrying"
"Do You Even Lift" is a condescending expression used on body building and fitness forums to question the legitimacy of someone's fitness expertise or weight lifting routine.
The pun lies in answering the question, by saying "I don't lift, I carry" both can be applied to an object.

FantasyGamerX

'Cause Grades.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer
In League of Legends, winning for your team is known as "carrying"
"Do You Even Lift" is a condescending expression used on body building and fitness forums to question the legitimacy of someone's fitness expertise or weight lifting routine.
The pun lies in answering the question, by saying "I don't lift, I carry" both can be applied to an object.
I see.

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another thing to consider is check your analytics every once in a while.

I checked my audience retention and I'm quite disappointed actually. They only watched 30%-55% of my content in a video. I'm putting 15-22 minutes of gameplay which is actually bad if you have still small audience so I decided to take a step back and go 9-14mins only.

EaglEye

Belgian Gamer With An Accent
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Well it is quite a great thread for some to allot of members here. I however use most, if not all of your sugestions already. But I'm still stuck in the very beginning and don't see how this could benefit me :)

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Another thing to consider is check your analytics every once in a while.

I checked my audience retention and I'm quite disappointed actually. They only watched 30%-55% of my content in a video. I'm putting 15-22 minutes of gameplay which is actually bad if you have still small audience so I decided to take a step back and go 9-14mins only.
Yes this is my point exactly! I get the same thing, I uploaded a video a while back about how much I was looking forward to games, it has a viewer retention of less than 50%. However my "When I'm Pantheon" which is 30 seconds long, lies at 99,6% (and that's based on 15k views)[DOUBLEPOST=1366468648,1366468561][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well it is quite a great thread for some to allot of members here. I however use most, if not all of your sugestions already. But I'm still stuck in the very beginning and don't see how this could benefit me :)
For example the part where I said long videos with low viewer retention aren't good in the early stages, focus on individual videos which might make it bigger. This will build a bigger audience, who will then watch your stuff. The gaming Let's Play community is so big, that if you don't already have an audience, you won't get bigger by making Let's plays.

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My most viewed video is actually long, like 15-20mins and it has 30% retention only. It's because of my voice probably.:))

My most recent vids got 60%-90% though.:D I hope it grows more. I'm more than happy to see that since I know I'm growing.xD

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My most viewed video is actually long, like 15-20mins and it has 30% retention only. It's because of my voice probably.:))

My most recent vids got 60%-90% though.:D I hope it grows more. I'm more than happy to see that since I know I'm growing.xD
You're what I would categorize as the middle stage, your channel does have slow growth. If anything I'd aim for a few video hits that reach out to non-subscribers, if you do that you're well on your way! I hope you can use this stuff :D