The Google+ Gaming Communities are Dead....

Goin' All Gamer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I know this post will really only apply to gamers but for the last year now I've been using Google+ communities to share my videos in an effort to grow my views.

And it worked for a while but not only I actually met other small YouTubers and got involved with a small community it was great!

But a few months after this activity started to drop in the communities and people were just sharing their videos and leaving. So the mods fought back and buckled down on them and it worked for a while too....

Until now, I look around all my old communities and it's horrible. Its getting harder and harder to get noticed on YouTube everyday but we'll get nowhere unless we smaller channels help each other out!

Rant over
Gluck

ChildBeard

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never used Google+ to share my videos and stuff because I think google running YouTube as a whole is terrible. No matter what, small channels should stick together though because YouTube makes it nearly impossible to get noticed. I think a good way to get noticed is to hunt for channels on YouTube similar to your own and engage with them, that and promote on all social media. When channels have decent content and still aren't being noticed, it's ridiculous. I however, will check out your channel from one small YouTuber to another.
:pompus:

Reactions: Goin' All Gamer

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
the trouble with games is that people usually move on from them when the next big one hits.

I've been a part of the Spyro the dragon speedrunning community for the past couple of years, and there's something so fun about a small community that continues to find enjoyment in an old game.

I can't say the same for newer games, unless they are built to be timeless fans wont latch on for that long.

most multiplayer online games go offline once the next one is out,
aside from MMO's and games that are an ongoing series.

overwatch for instance, will quickly go out of fashion unless they later make overwatch2.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Tbh guys Youtube doesn't go against small channels. If you search up skyrim facts I am the second video to appear due to my appropriate and effective use of tagging. It isn't getting harder each day there is just more people. If you put your 2 cents in you will get it back :)

Goin' All Gamer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I never used Google+ to share my videos and stuff because I think google running YouTube as a whole is terrible. No matter what, small channels should stick together though because YouTube makes it nearly impossible to get noticed. I think a good way to get noticed is to hunt for channels on YouTube similar to your own and engage with them, that and promote on all social media. When channels have decent content and still aren't being noticed, it's ridiculous. I however, will check out your channel from one small YouTuber to another.
:pompus:
I have to agree with you on that! We all need to band together and help each other out! Thanks for checking out my channel I'll be sure to check out yours! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1469871363,1469871248][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tbh guys Youtube doesn't go against small channels. If you search up skyrim facts I am the second video to appear due to my appropriate and effective use of tagging. It isn't getting harder each day there is just more people. If you put your 2 cents in you will get it back :)
But it doesn't happen for everyone, I see it all the time there are countless small youtubers doing everything they can to get their videos out there some of which are great and they don't get noticed at all!

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It really depends - I post to some G+ communities and while it isnt perfect, it always gives a boost to some degree (some videos only few views, some tens to hundreds of views :) )

Goin' All Gamer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It really depends - I post to some G+ communities and while it isnt perfect, it always gives a boost to some degree (some videos only few views, some tens to hundreds of views :) )
I'm not gonna lie they've helped me too and I do pull some views from them still but some communities have hundreds of members posting everyday and only a tiny percentage actually watch other people videos!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I know this post will really only apply to gamers but for the last year now I've been using Google+ communities to share my videos in an effort to grow my views.

And it worked for a while but not only I actually met other small YouTubers and got involved with a small community it was great!

But a few months after this activity started to drop in the communities and people were just sharing their videos and leaving. So the mods fought back and buckled down on them and it worked for a while too....

Until now, I look around all my old communities and it's horrible. Its getting harder and harder to get noticed on YouTube everyday but we'll get nowhere unless we smaller channels help each other out!

Rant over
Gluck

I've moved your thread to the strat forum.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have to agree with you on that! We all need to band together and help each other out! Thanks for checking out my channel I'll be sure to check out yours! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1469871363,1469871248][/DOUBLEPOST]

But it doesn't happen for everyone, I see it all the time there are countless small youtubers doing everything they can to get their videos out there some of which are great and they don't get noticed at all!
Thats not how it works dude. Theres always ways.