Suggestions about software to do film trailer reviews

Alistair Watts

Good morning. I would like to start a channel especially about film trailer reactions. I would like to know of the best software that I could use to do split screen videos. Of me on cam playing against a video. Or maybe an android app that I can use? Thanks in advance guys!!

Good morning. I would like to start a channel especially about film trailer reactions. I would like to know of the best software that I could use to do split screen videos. Of me on cam playing against a video. Or maybe an android app that I can use? Thanks in advance guys!!

Industry standard editing software would be Adobe Premier, Avid or Final Cut. Those three would be your best option for quality but not neccessariky the best option for value. Gotta dish out some dollars for the software.

If the three I find Premier is the most flexible editing software. Avid definitely can't do as much and Final Cut which used to be the best until Premier finally overtook them in 2013. I don't know of any production companies that still use final cut as all the ones in my area have switched to Premier.

I find DaVinci Resolve by Blackmagic really good and its free.

DaVinci is good and is (I believe) industry standard for colour correcting. You can use it for editing I suppose but the main purpose of the product is colour correction and stylization. You cannot export 4K videos though if you only have the free version.

DaVinci is good and is (I believe) industry standard for colour correcting. You can use it for editing I suppose but the main purpose of the product is colour correction and stylization. You cannot export 4K videos though if you only have the free version.

That is correct but it the last update or two they have add more and more editing tool to challenge the big boys.

That is correct but it the last update or two they have add more and more editing tool to challenge the big boys.
That's interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime. My guess is that Premier is still the best/most flexible editing software available though. I haven't used resolve since I graduated from college.

Back