Strike, Copyrighted, Using some Content for others for Roster Video

Zee Kadi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have seen many Indian guys using some clips and making rosters of others... sometime even they use songs clips... I never think that would even have a permissions from them video.song owners...

So what is exactly Strike and copyrightes and how it apply, how to deal with fake strikes... if you make a video of few seconds of other YouTubers and give 3-5 minutes funny/comedy video and comments on this, is it something illegal and can be strike from others? Please advise...

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
People hide behind 'fair use' or 'fair dealing' terminology. Which is more recognised in united states. Open to greater interpretation in other countries where it won't always protect you or carry much weight. I don't think anyone really needs to be on youtube if they can't contribute their own original content.. Instead though there are many that go out of their way to benefit from other's hard work. Music is far better protected.

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use small clip/s from other creators if you are making 3-4 minutes of original content. Read about fair use. The main idea is that copyright strikes or claims don't always apply when you are using other people's content.