Still Trying

It's good to see you're having fun with it. I just started over completely, "my old channel had roughly 11k subscribers" my vlogs used to do pretty well. If you'd like to take a look at them I've reuploaded them to my new channel "zestyvlogs" Maybe they'll give you some formatting ideas.
Yeah, I mean one thing that can be holding me back is that I really don't want that whole "you are copying so and so's style" Because I do look up to certain vloggers and sometimes act similar to them in person, but try not to act too much like them in my videos. Then again that's not completely being myself is it??

Yeah, I'm sure the awkward umms and pauses can turn people away. I mean I'm glad I even got as far as I have. I have more subscribers than I have uploads, I feel thats an accomplishment, I just rewatch certain videos and feel as if I'm even boring myself.
I always do that, I think I all my jokes are stupid, but people laugh anyways, I thought your video in your subscription was great stuff, I had a few laughs too. Just keep doin what your doing, and you'll make it ;)

I always do that, I think I all my jokes are stupid, but people laugh anyways, I thought your video in your subscription was great stuff, I had a few laughs too. Just keep doin what your doing, and you'll make it ;)
Well thank you :D, I guess I feel bored because I end up watching it about three times over, the first would be experiencing it, the second is editing, if there is any, then the third is when it's uploaded to make sure it's decent and stuff :p

Yeah, I mean one thing that can be holding me back is that I really don't want that whole "you are copying so and so's style" Because I do look up to certain vloggers and sometimes act similar to them in person, but try not to act too much like them in my videos. Then again that's not completely being myself is it??
I wouldn't recommend taking a vlogging style from a Youtube, However, it is definitely okay to look around and see what formats work. For branding, intro outro and whatnot. See how they piece it together and use that to help determine what style works best for you and your channel.

I enjoyed your video, I don't think there's anything wrong with your vlogging style. You seem very natural and comfortable in front of the camera. If you find your material dry, try to take more time in the planning phase and vlog on a topic you really enjoy.

I know I've done videos where after all the raw footage is done, I'm not happy with it and I end up not uploading it. I rather be picky than put something up that wasn't my full effort.

I enjoyed your video, I don't think there's anything wrong with your vlogging style. You seem very natural and comfortable in front of the camera. If you find your material dry, try to take more time in the planning phase and vlog on a topic you really enjoy.

I know I've done videos where after all the raw footage is done, I'm not happy with it and I end up not uploading it. I rather be picky than put something up that wasn't my full effort.

Thanks! That is another thing, I don't always put time into planning, A few hours ago I planned a video to start filming tomorrow to be uploaded by Friday, and in my notebook, I decided to color code it with those sticky tabs, so its organized and I have things planned.

Thanks! That is another thing, I don't always put time into planning, A few hours ago I planned a video to start filming tomorrow to be uploaded by Friday, and in my notebook, I decided to color code it with those sticky tabs, so its organized and I have things planned.

That's cool, I think you'll be much more happy with the result if you give it proper time to develop.

Take a page from Hank Green, you say you're a nerdfighter on your channel. He always uses jump cuts to get rid of stuff people don't want to see (ums, coughs), just like Jacob said. Hank also has a video on his personal channel about vlogging that you might want to check out. I can't think of it right now but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Making YouTube videos will always be a learning process, right? When you are feeling discouraged I suggest you go find a new technique that will make your channel better. Good luck with you channel. :)

Back