So how much time do you put into your YouTube Channel?

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So how much time do you put into your YouTube Channel?

Now I'm not just talking about editing a video or creating a video
I'm talking about the time you spend on YouTube answering comments, checking out other people's channels
How much time do you devote to doing YouTube?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hmm. its kinda addictive. I like the forum and seem to check my live stats in creator studio far too often. Making new videos takes the longest. Editing takes me a couple days to fix the shower of dog poop i filmed in my original footage in to something passable to want to upload. lol

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All together, a couple of hours a day and that includes making videos. But I'm getting effectively zero return for my work, so that's all the time I have for a non-productive activity.

Reactions: Ultisportsman1

Gerald Z

Reaction score
I put in as much time as I can, and not just for my channel, I love youtube for what it is and the effort others put in as well.

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I spend a few hours a day maybe 3-4 days a week. I’m posting frequently so I’m editing and uploading 3-4 times a week to get content on my page so potential subs have stuff to watch from me. I usually reply to comments like I would reply to personal or business emails, I check them a couple times a day once in the morning, once mid day, and once at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
a non-productive activity
As long as you produce something from start to finish it is not non productive! :)

Answering to the original post, I spend a lot of time experimenting with tags, thumbs and so.
I am far behind (year 2016 videos) in tagging and description and hashtags and so...

But this is my balance with family, work and viewing others.
I do not oftenly comment or interact in Youtube but I like to watch.
This season's favorites are campervans and conversions.
=) =) =)

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Maybe an hour or so. I really depends on what else I have planned for the day and how much feedback I got from the previous day.

With the size of my channel now, it doesn't take too long to check everything. [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Usually at least 3-4 hours a day doing some sort of related activity, including weekends. Sometimes it's much more and other times I can be too busy to do much of anything with it. But there's always something even when I'm not uploading many videos, last night I put in 3 hours designing a new custom phone case that will go in my merch store. There's been other weeks where I only uploaded a few videos but I spend 4-5 hours each day researching other channels or new content ideas, so yeah there is a lot of time to be spent that doesn't even involve making videos. Looking at how other people format their channels, their videos, what videos worked for them etc... One day I had to spend 6 hours just to get the footage I needed for a new card video, and then edit the vid for another few hours and then I spent a day just working on the thumbnail because it was a really important video. lol. Some people spend a lot more time than I do though, my videos relatively are quick to make.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
5-10 hours recording + editing. Probably 15-20 including F5'ing to see if I got 3 more views. :D
Will probably be 8-13 hours a week recording and editing soon, as i put more effort into ''B-Roll footage'' and editing than a few months ago.