Sketch comedy video ideas

DeclassifiedWeird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Anyone who has good sketch comedy or spoof ideas please share. Check out my channel for an idea on what type of sketch and spoof comedy I do and see if any of your ideas could fit my channel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That irish accent gum commercial was pretty good, you could do this for more products. Maybe take real products that are being advertised like this and make parodies of them. Or just invent some products that are really useless or complete nonsense, for example a "boostifier" or whatever which you can stick on some devices to increase their performance, like an oven, coffee machine or a PC. Also, some more visual effects and background music could make that parody come closer to the original.

DeclassifiedWeird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That irish accent gum commercial was pretty good, you could do this for more products. Maybe take real products that are being advertised like this and make parodies of them. Or just invent some products that are really useless or complete nonsense, for example a "boostifier" or whatever which you can stick on some devices to increase their performance, like an oven, coffee machine or a PC. Also, some more visual effects and background music could make that parody come closer to the original.
Thanks for the reply. Those are good ideas and I will definitely work on something like that

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think your videos are good. Saw the Irish accent gum and wanted to see more maybe with different accents or products. I'm just a sucker for people that can create accents. Lol

DeclassifiedWeird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think your videos are good. Saw the Irish accent gum and wanted to see more maybe with different accents or products. I'm just a sucker for people that can create accents. Lol
I can do other accents so maybe I'll play around with that. Thanks for the idea

The Humble JuanB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
how about a skit about " a super heroes day job" when a super hero is down on his or her luck and needs to make ends meet they get normal average jobs but not with a secret identity but as themselves, like superman as a plumber but not as clark kent.

Reactions: DeclassifiedWeird

DeclassifiedWeird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
how about a skit about " a super heroes day job" when a super hero is down on his or her luck and needs to make ends meet they get normal average jobs but not with a secret identity but as themselves, like superman as a plumber but not as clark kent.
I will definitely play around with this idea. Thanks!

Reactions: The Humble JuanB

The Humble JuanB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
im willing to collab on something if youre interested

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Lot of reverb in your video's audio (saw the Irish Gum one). I'd suggest getting a field recorder and a lav mic; then learning how to hide them (since it's a fictional production).

Next I watched "a visit from the FBI". You were closer to the camera as you alternated shots which helped with the reverb. Still you should've recorded room tone for each shot set up. That way you could isolate it in audacity, remove it, as well as exporting the room tone on it's own so you could adjust how loud you want it.

Room tone should exist in each shot but you want to control how much actually gets into the final video piece. Currently the humming is a bit too loud as it is left as picked up.

Also the editing was ping pong'esque. Even though you're playing both characters, you should have shots where the camera is focusing on the guy reacting as dialogue is being spoken to him.

-------------------
If you really want to grow, stay with what's current. Find a way to parody what's going on currently on Youtube.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
@satiricals thoughts on field recorders, lav mics and utilizing audacity is awesome advice.

...but... you could also pull some towels out of your bathroom and hang them around outside your shot which will dampen the reverb your mic is picking up and improve the sound quality... ya know, until you gear up.

Your Irish Gum video reminds me of the Fugly Bar video I made a while back. In fact, I have a whole playlist for "products" I've invented! I've got a bunch of ideas for new products... I can't share my favorites ('cause I'm gonna make 'em... duh!) but a couple ideas I had were "Barbies in a Box" and "GI Joes in a Box"... the premise being a company sells random Barbie and GI Joe body parts to repair your broken ones as a spoof on human organ trafficking.