Singing covers, HELP!

Mya Yang

Reaction score
Don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but if not, please move it to where appropriate. Thank you!

So I just recently bought this Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Pack:

Credit picture: Guitar Center

I want to do live covers of songs. Like this chick, Samantha Harvey:
youtu.be/v8beJD9iyf0
(Please add https:// to the link above this line since I could not embed video)

Looking at the video, do you see how the camera picks up both her music and vocals (and the images of course) so.....
Does anyone know what products I need in order to get the camera to capture/record BOTH the music and the vocals too? What kind of camera and what wires do I need? Do I need a specific recording software? I have Audacity and Reaper on my computer right now. I’m thinking about just starting off filming with my iPhone but will eventually get a DSLR camera. Any help on how to record BOTH music and voice onto the camera would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! Hopefully someone knows what I am needing help with lol!

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Easy way to to do that is to play the music in your headsets (like she's doing) when she sings. The mic pics that up and records in audacity. You can film with your phone on a tripod.

Then in post, you add in the music track and sync up the audio to visuals. This is how most people do it.

Reactions: Mya Yang and XXLRay

Mya Yang

Reaction score
That WOULD work! I didn’t think abt that! Thank you!!

Mya Yang

Reaction score
I have another two questions:

Does anyone know of any other good karaoke recording programs other than Audacity or Reaper? Even if I have to pay, that’d be fine.

Anyone use Reaper to record? Well, how can I increase the volume of the recording without it becoming very noisy and staticky? I’ve changed the Master volume but that created a very loud and staticky recording. I want the recording to have the same volume settings as professional songs and without the loud static of course.

Thanks, all!![DOUBLEPOST=1513361816,1513315769][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have another two questions:

Does anyone know of any other good karaoke recording programs other than Audacity or Reaper? Even if I have to pay, that’d be fine.

Anyone use Reaper to record? Well, how can I increase the volume of the recording without it becoming very noisy and staticky? I’ve changed the Master volume but that created a very loud and staticky recording. I want the recording to have the same volume settings as professional songs and without the loud static of course.

Thanks, all!!