Significance of Contacts? Help you or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Hey guys

I was wondering for a while now what kind of significance the contacts thing has on youtube, besides storing peoples usernames, email addresses and bulk mailing them, any other significance for it? I mean all of that is all cool already but I havnt really used it much. Does it help any of you guys out at all and how do you guys make the most out of it?

Cheers

i dont know I have had several people add me as contact. I never went after it myself. I never received anything from them but then one day recently I was going through the settings on my account and had them set so my contacts can't send me videos lol. So I am not sure what purpose they serve hehe. Obviously some people think they are useful but not me :)

i dont know I have had several people add me as contact. I never went after it myself. I never received anything from them but then one day recently I was going through the settings on my account and had them set so my contacts can't send me videos lol. So I am not sure what purpose they serve hehe. Obviously some people think they are useful but not me :)

Really? You can block people sending you videos? That is pretty cool I guess. Yeah that is the issue... spamming of videos to contacts and stuff? Lol... Thats why I am weary about using it to send bulk messages, I prefer to send personal messages. Takes a lot more time but it creates a better relationship with the person. But I am now adding all of my subscribers/subscriptions as contacts. Never know what its useful for :). Also gets your name to pop up again "BlackAndWhiteZA has added you as a contact" ^^

Really? You can block people sending you videos? That is pretty cool I guess. Yeah that is the issue... spamming of videos to contacts and stuff? Lol... Thats why I am weary about using it to send bulk messages, I prefer to send personal messages. Takes a lot more time but it creates a better relationship with the person. But I am now adding all of my subscribers/subscriptions as contacts. Never know what its useful for :). Also gets your name to pop up again "BlackAndWhiteZA has added you as a contact" ^^

I didnt block them it was preset that way which would explain why my contacts never contacted me lol. It just gave me a chuckle when I saw it. People message me all the time and send me stuff but they are not on my contact list hehe.

I didnt block them it was preset that way which would explain why my contacts never contacted me lol. It just gave me a chuckle when I saw it. People message me all the time and send me stuff but they are not on my contact list hehe.

Lol oh I see ^^. Yeah I also get messages from people. I don't mind them at all! :)

I don't seek out Contacts but whenever I'm in my Youtube Inbox, i usually add the people who requested me as a Contact. I don't see a downside, it just means more people are looking at my channel. Does anyone know if they get a notification when you accept the request?

I don't seek out Contacts but whenever I'm in my Youtube Inbox, i usually add the people who requested me as a Contact. I don't see a downside, it just means more people are looking at my channel. Does anyone know if they get a notification when you accept the request?

I have recently been adding tons of users as contact and have not received any notification if they have accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back