Significance of Contacts? Help you or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys

I was wondering for a while now what kind of significance the contacts thing has on youtube, besides storing peoples usernames, email addresses and bulk mailing them, any other significance for it? I mean all of that is all cool already but I havnt really used it much. Does it help any of you guys out at all and how do you guys make the most out of it?

Cheers

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i dont know I have had several people add me as contact. I never went after it myself. I never received anything from them but then one day recently I was going through the settings on my account and had them set so my contacts can't send me videos lol. So I am not sure what purpose they serve hehe. Obviously some people think they are useful but not me :)

Reactions: Miki von Ketelhodt

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
i dont know I have had several people add me as contact. I never went after it myself. I never received anything from them but then one day recently I was going through the settings on my account and had them set so my contacts can't send me videos lol. So I am not sure what purpose they serve hehe. Obviously some people think they are useful but not me :)
Really? You can block people sending you videos? That is pretty cool I guess. Yeah that is the issue... spamming of videos to contacts and stuff? Lol... Thats why I am weary about using it to send bulk messages, I prefer to send personal messages. Takes a lot more time but it creates a better relationship with the person. But I am now adding all of my subscribers/subscriptions as contacts. Never know what its useful for :). Also gets your name to pop up again "BlackAndWhiteZA has added you as a contact" ^^

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Really? You can block people sending you videos? That is pretty cool I guess. Yeah that is the issue... spamming of videos to contacts and stuff? Lol... Thats why I am weary about using it to send bulk messages, I prefer to send personal messages. Takes a lot more time but it creates a better relationship with the person. But I am now adding all of my subscribers/subscriptions as contacts. Never know what its useful for :). Also gets your name to pop up again "BlackAndWhiteZA has added you as a contact" ^^
I didnt block them it was preset that way which would explain why my contacts never contacted me lol. It just gave me a chuckle when I saw it. People message me all the time and send me stuff but they are not on my contact list hehe.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I didnt block them it was preset that way which would explain why my contacts never contacted me lol. It just gave me a chuckle when I saw it. People message me all the time and send me stuff but they are not on my contact list hehe.
Lol oh I see ^^. Yeah I also get messages from people. I don't mind them at all! :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Other than looking up people you know in them they have little use other than using them to message them.

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't seek out Contacts but whenever I'm in my Youtube Inbox, i usually add the people who requested me as a Contact. I don't see a downside, it just means more people are looking at my channel. Does anyone know if they get a notification when you accept the request?

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't seek out Contacts but whenever I'm in my Youtube Inbox, i usually add the people who requested me as a Contact. I don't see a downside, it just means more people are looking at my channel. Does anyone know if they get a notification when you accept the request?
I have recently been adding tons of users as contact and have not received any notification if they have accepted.

Reactions: Werewilf

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I definitely add contacts when I remember to. Plus you have people you can send your videos that are interested in seeing that type of video.

Status
Not open for further replies.