Should I get a Canon EOS Rebel T5i?

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use my iPhone and a HD webcam right now for our videos. I could use Air Miles to get the Canon, and I'm wondering if it is worth it. I'm a bit confused about autofocus. Does it actually autofocus while filming?

We don't shoot a vlog, but I'd love to have a higher quality camera. What do you guys think?

Don't tell me I should get a better camera, because this is the only one available for the amount of air miles we have. The option is get this camera, or don't and use the air miles on something else. They also have a gopro session 4.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

gregbowes

Happy Halloween!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hate to tell someone to if they should or shouldn't buy something. I mean your iphone and webcam are perfectly good cameras, if you have the air miles the T5i is a very nice camera with more versatility. The downside is you'll want to get more accessories like a tripod and microphone (the camera has a microphone but it is generally not the greatest). This is all my personal opinion, I hope this might help though

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want a great DSLR you can buy "Canon EOS Rebel T6i"...my bro use this camera....it's just awesome man...I thing currently the price of the camera is $749....:)

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If you want a great DSLR you can buy "Canon EOS Rebel T6i"...my bro use this camera....it's just awesome man...I thing currently the price of the camera is $749....:)
I knew someone would say that. I even said it in my original post that I can get the T5i with Air Miles and that is the only one I was considering. I'm sure the 6i is better, but not an option since my budget is $0.

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
I have a Canon t5i and I HIGHLY recommend it. :) You don't need a nicer camera, that one can really get the job done.

I've shot PLENTY of my short film projects/vlogs/music videos using this camera. Like I've told a lot of people on this forum, at the end of the day what matters is your lenses. The body of the camera is the secondary factor. The t5i has been used to shoot commercials and plenty other professional works, definitely a camera you can utilize to do a lot of things!

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know!

Reactions: AM2PM

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a Canon t5i and I HIGHLY recommend it. :) You don't need a nicer camera, that one can really get the job done.

I've shot PLENTY of my short film projects/vlogs/music videos using this camera. Like I've told a lot of people on this forum, at the end of the day what matters is your lenses. The body of the camera is the secondary factor. The t5i has been used to shoot commercials and plenty other professional works, definitely a camera you can utilize to do a lot of things!

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know!
Cool! So how does the autofocus work? If you just get the regular 18-55 mm lens is that good enough?

Thanks!

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
Cool! So how does the autofocus work? If you just get the regular 18-55 mm lens is that good enough?

Thanks!
What's great about the t5i (and I'll compare it to the t3 I previously had) is yes it does have autofocus capabilities BUT autofocus also depends on the lens too, it's the lens that allows the camera to autofocus. I have a fisheye that is completely manual, no autofocus and its manual exposure as well. The camera actually doesn't even recognize it's there.

If the lens has autofocus, the camera will autofocus. :) And the t5i is extra cool because it can autofocus WHILE recording!

Lialia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey there! I use the T5i and it autofocuses pretty well, it does take some waving around, but the 18-55 mm works great for vlogs as well. Otherwise it’s a great camera, and if you getting it with the IS STM lenses, it’s worth it.