scripting out your content or free ball it?

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wanted to ask the community if y'all free ball your content or write like a loose script when recording your videos? Cause I have been slightly working on scripting my content and what I need to say.

Alvan

Youtuber, Improviser, Dinosaur, and Student
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it depends on the type of video. If it’s a well polished sketch or film, i would script it to get the effect I want. If I’m just talking to a camera, usually i write rough bullet points to make sure i hit everything

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay I mean I do some short films some lets plays and vlogs and somewhat sketch tutorials I mostly make a bullet point though.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Reviewer
I have to script my content since I do music reviews and I definitely couldn't improvise what I say. I just write out what I want to say in a text file in Notepad.

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I script my actual YouTube videos out. I've tried going off of bullet points, but I'm so new that I don't do well with improvising and I also have specific things that I want to make sure and include, and I don't want to just ramble on. For my instagram videos though I make sure and just freestyle what I'm saying.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I edit & script in my mind as I film. I rarely write bullet points, and have never written a full script. Maybe I should... but I do not. Just not my style. I like to wing it.

thebluehand

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Commentator
i´ve been free styling my videos but boy is it hard to speak to a lifeless eye that stares into your soul. there comes a point when you get stuck and therefore i recommend having at least some bullet points like i read above to have a general idea of what you want to say in your video. for me i have come to realize that a video is a work of art per se, everything has to be well executed, lighting, angle, words, effects. just like hollywood. or as close as a AAA film, something people will enjoy watching... i on my side am an amateur in video editing. hope this helps.