Script Reading Help!!

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
How do you read from a script without it sounding like you're reading from a script? I have recently started doing scripted videos but they all sound completely scripted and fake. I have no idea how to fix this or what I should do to change this. Any suggestions? Please and thank you, I'm completely at a loss here.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Brett. Do more than one take.. Split it into smaller pieces /chunks. So its easier to remember. Say out loud lots and lots of times until you know it really well. Then it will sound more natural for your final take. Also talk 'at' something. Like your bear.. don't pretend like u ain't got a bear!. lol. That way you naturally project your voice like you would in real wurld instead of sounding scripted. Sounded ok to me though!

Reactions: BrettTaylorYT

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Brett. Do more than one take.. Split it into smaller pieces /chunks. So its easier to remember. Say out loud lots and lots of times until you know it really well. Then it will sound more natural for your final take. Also talk 'at' something. Like your bear.. don't pretend like u ain't got a bear!. lol. That way you naturally project your voice like you would in real wurld instead of sounding scripted. Sounded ok to me though!
Thank you! This is actually super helpful. I never thought to talk 'at' something thank you! I will definitely take this into account the next time I make a scripted video! Great advice

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
put the something your talking at around 6-8 feet away. not close to you. i forgot that bit

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Something else to keep in mind is that you may notice the difference in your voice while reading as compared to naturally speaking, but others may not.

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Something else to keep in mind is that you may notice the difference in your voice while reading as compared to naturally speaking, but others may not.
That makes sense. I noticed this actually once I was finished completely editing the audio and added it to the video and edited/finished then exported that. It doesn't sound as fake as it did when I first heard it. And also like you said to people who don't know or hear me in real life they won't pick up on things like that.

Reactions: darksmokeyt

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Instead of a script, I've found bullet points to be helpful when trying to make something sound more natural. It'll be remind you of the what main topics you want to touch on as well as the correct order, but your brain will naturally fill in the blanks and segements in between.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Brett. You started another thread on this subject a while ago and it received several answers. The last added posting was mine at some length on June 2nd.

Just wonder why you started another thread on the same subject??? Odd!
Pete