Review my latest video please

Kelkschiz

YTtalk Mad
Hi,

I would be much obliged if you could take a look at my latest video (LEGO Tank Warfare). I Tried to do a lot of new things in that video. Some things worked others didn't. But overall I am very happy with the end result. It is also the first video in which I collaborated with some YTtalk members, which was a great experience. It really made me re-appreciate the community we have here.

Still looking for things to improve in future projects and I would appreciate any constructive feedback you may have. I would especially like some feedback on the following points:

- Audio, still not very skilled at working with audio so any pointers are welcome. Especially would like to know if the music is something I should have left out.

- Editing, especially would like to know if it is fast paced enough, are the shot too long or short? And do you think the video is too long?

Thanks in advance.

Hey man! So i watched the video and i want to start by saying that its a pretty epic concept. did you build those because those are probably the coolest effing lego projects i have seen in a quite a while. What I would have to say for constructive feedback would be a couple things. First off, your audio isnt tooo bad, it is a little quite in places but all in all its certainly not the worst thing I have seen on YT that is for sure. as for music, no, you should not have left that out, music is very important in a video to drive the feeling and emotion of it, however, i think you could have used a harder music, something a little more military to go along with the tank itself, and lastly, i think i would have incorporated even more open world shots of it during the beginning of the video. I loved seeing the tank driving around in the real world, it was actually really cool. Hope that helps!

Hey man! So i watched the video and i want to start by saying that its a pretty epic concept. did you build those because those are probably the coolest effing lego projects i have seen in a quite a while. What I would have to say for constructive feedback would be a couple things. First off, your audio isnt tooo bad, it is a little quite in places but all in all its certainly not the worst thing I have seen on YT that is for sure. as for music, no, you should not have left that out, music is very important in a video to drive the feeling and emotion of it, however, i think you could have used a harder music, something a little more military to go along with the tank itself, and lastly, i think i would have incorporated even more open world shots of it during the beginning of the video. I loved seeing the tank driving around in the real world, it was actually really cool. Hope that helps!

Hey man, thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. Yes I actually designed and build those LEGO tanks myself :), that is sort of my hobby. Only this time I wanted to make a video that was a bit more interesting to view. About the Open world shot, yes I know exactly what you mean and in hindsight there should have been more of them. Problem with that however was that I was shooting in a park which is the only good location close to where I live. And parks have people >.<. Open world shots would have included those people and that would have been a major wall breaker. But in my next video I will make more of an effort on that. About the audio that was too quiet, I assume that refers to the dialog? Thanks again for your feedback :).

Back