Rending Videos How Long Is To Long

Jes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just out of curiousness about how long does it take you to render say a 15 min. video. I'm working on a low spec and I mean LOW SPEC Laptop and it take me about 45 mins to 2 hr depending on how many effect I put in during editing

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do about 15 minute episodes too and have about 20-30 minutes of rendering time. I do have a badass computer though.

Reactions: Jes

Jes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do about 15 minute episodes too and have about 20-30 minutes of rendering time. I do have a badass computer though.
Yea i have to wait to buy a new custom build. I was just wondering just to see what I could expect when I finally get it what the difference would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M82

Reaction score
my render times are about the same as my video length. depending on the amount of effects/layers, it can be faster or about a minute longer than the video time.

what are you planning to get? here are my specs to help with a better idea of what you can expect with whatever you are getting.

amd fx8350 cpu(old cpu, shouldve waited for ryzen)
amd rx480 gpu
8gb ram
ssd for OS and programs
render to 1 of 3 7200rpm hdd's

i use powerdirector and when rendering, all 8 cores are nearly at 100%

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
1080/60p and 20000 bitrate is usually 1.5 hours - 2 hours render time for me on a 15 min video. It's longer if I also use facecam.

I have turned off GPU acceleration or whatever, because sometimes my render will crash, so I'll rather take the extra time.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Rendering for me takes about as long as the video is long.

Jes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
my render times are about the same as my video length. depending on the amount of effects/layers, it can be faster or about a minute longer than the video time.

what are you planning to get? here are my specs to help with a better idea of what you can expect with whatever you are getting.

amd fx8350 cpu(old cpu, shouldve waited for ryzen)
amd rx480 gpu
8gb ram
ssd for OS and programs
render to 1 of 3 7200rpm hdd's

i use powerdirector and when rendering, all 8 cores are nearly at 100%
Not sure yet still doing research since tech changes so fast and it will not be until the middle of next yr before I can actually really start looking but thanks for the input I'll definitely look in to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
haha everyones videos getting done in like 20-30 mins and im here like yeah... 3 hours left... not bad :(

Reactions: Mikes and Jes