Relaunch abandoned channel or create a new one?

oranges

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a big doubt...

I'm developing the concept for a new YouTube project, but... I don't know where to apply it.

Should I launch the project using an old YouTube channel, already with 80 subscribers, that has not seen a new upload since 1 year or more and had 1 strike in the past? Will these details hurt the grow of my new project?

Or should I create a new channel from scratch? Maybe even a new google account ?

Note: the new content will not be too much different, but it will definitely feel different.
Thank you for reading.

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I believe a youtube strike expires after 90 days if you complete copyright school.

Reactions: oranges

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would stick with your current channel. I dont believe the history will effect today and a few of those subs may even watch it.

AmyheartsJapan

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My first uploads were.... 6 years ago. I've decided to run with an established account and my newly posted videos are actually getting some views. I think it's better than starting from zero, so just keep going with your account and aim for 100 subscribers!

oranges

Reaction score
I believe a youtube strike expires after 90 days if you complete copyright school.
Hello Auster, thank you for answering me. Yes, I made that long ago and also expired.
My fear is if the youtube system could penalize my future content growth because of the past strike and lack of upload that the channel suffered.[DOUBLEPOST=1525349346,1525349065][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would stick with your current channel. I dont believe the history will effect today and a few of those subs may even watch it.
Hello Evo and thanks for answering me. I'm more inclined to take that option, yeah.

Do you know if the algoritm just cares about people uploading regularly today, and doesn't care about the lack of upload from the past? Is there a chance my old channel may be inside a "unstable" category created by youtube ? Or maybe... if I upload regularly for 6 months I may get out of that category?[DOUBLEPOST=1525349515][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm in the same boat. My first uploads were.... 6 years ago. I've decided to run with an established account and my newly posted videos are actually getting some views. I think it's better than starting from zero, so just keep going with your account and aim for 100 subscribers!
Hello Amy and thanks for answering me.
Does your channel have a consistent growth today?
True, almost 100 :)

AmyheartsJapan

Reaction score
Hello Amy and thanks for answering me.
Does your channel have a consistent growth today?
True, almost 100 :)
Good question. Yes, it is growing in that I get views on my new uploads and a couple new subscribers. I just reached 100 subscribers and I'm trying my best to grow, too. :)

I would hate to keep checking back to a channel with no activity at all. I think that happens when you start from scratch. Also, I once saw a video from YouTube that said to keep one channel active and keep trying your different ideas until one sticks. I thought that was great advice because you can waste a lot of time starting over.

Finally, you can rebrand your channel with new icons, header, or channel name... and keep your subscribers. Just don't start over. The first subscribers are very hard to get. 80 is great! :D GOOD LUCK :D

oranges

Reaction score
Good question. Yes, it is growing in that I get views on my new uploads and a couple new subscribers. I just reached 100 subscribers and I'm trying my best to grow, too. :)

I would hate to keep checking back to a channel with no activity at all. I think that happens when you start from scratch. Also, I once saw a video from YouTube that said to keep one channel active and keep trying your different ideas until one sticks. I thought that was great advice because you can waste a lot of time starting over.

Finally, you can rebrand your channel with new icons, header, or channel name... and keep your subscribers. Just don't start over. The first subscribers are very hard to get. 80 is great! :D GOOD LUCK :D
Good advice. Tiiimee to start different ! Made my mind, I will grab my old channel.
Be cool.