Rejected for a copyright strike?

benoftheweek

YTtalk's Chicken Salad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got rejected for copyright strikes when I am getting 200 views a day and I have no strikes???

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Sometimes these things are for an actual strike but rather copyright material. Any images, video or music that you don't have express permission for? (even backing music for your spoofs?)

benoftheweek

YTtalk's Chicken Salad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes these things are for an actual strike but rather copyright material. Any images, video or music that you don't have express permission for? (even backing music for your spoofs?)
Nope. That was creative commons.

ExperimentalHDX

United we stand. Divided we fall.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer, Animator, Other
Oh, I just realised what topic this was under. I get the same thing even though the only thing that could possibly be copyrighted even though my audio is from either Jamendo or AudioMicro as I make all of my animations.

Katie Hull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Nope. That was creative commons.
Even if someone else made the track, it is still copyrighted, unless Katy Perry's producers were the ones releasing the backing track. Just because someone made it and gave permission does not mean it is not against copyright. Plus, it appears that you've monitized it.

benoftheweek

YTtalk's Chicken Salad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even if someone else made the track, it is still copyrighted, unless Katy Perry's producers were the ones releasing the backing track. Just because someone made it and gave permission does not mean it is not against copyright. Plus, it appears that you've monitized it.
Yeah but even then theres no way they could track it... but it still was creative commons.

proskull115

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yea mine says the same thing but all my music is from Michinima Sound and i don't even have any content ID claims so WTF?

benoftheweek

YTtalk's Chicken Salad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea mine says the same thing but all my music is from Michinima Sound and i don't even have any content ID claims so WTF?
It may be that it slipped past the reviewers eyes, for example I had a video called vine compilation but it was my vines but they didnt know