Reducing Wind Noise

GeoTechRyan

Hi people of YTTalk,

The camera i use for recording is a Cannon IXUS 170 and wanted to know if their is anything i can do to reduce wind noise as in my recent video the wind is so noisy on it you can not really hear me. The wind on that day as well was not that strong.

Any help would be grateful or any tips that i can do

Regards,
GeoTechRyan

Edit the audio and cut off the low end in the EQ then boost the frequencies where your voice sits around. Should help reduce the effects but won't get rid of it unfortunately!

Edit the audio and cut off the low end in the EQ then boost the frequencies where your voice sits around. Should help reduce the effects but won't get rid of it unfortunately!
Can you do that on imovie as that is what i am using or do i need to download something like audicity?

Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at audacity but the wind noise is still their. Think i am going to look in my local hobby shops and see if i can make something.

I'm a bit late to the game, but look up how to use the noise reduction feature on audacity. That might help if you're still having this problem

If you don't wanna ruin your quality, get an external mic and a deadcat, there not that much honestly and pretty helpful. I'm saying this, not having one currently. But that's only because I'm splurging on my lighting and camera equipment before my audio, since I don't go outside much. Lmfao.

Back