Recording Audio

FalsePhoenix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am about to upgrade my mic but i am wondering if i have any need for an audio interface, the mic i am getting needs so etching called phantom power which is £14, The mic is £18 and if i needed an audio interface it would be £28-£38. This for me is pretty expensive for something that seems to do nothing more than audacity on my computer (Custom build pc) Does anyone here know or am i asking this question on the wrong Fourm?

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you planning to connect the mic to your video camera? If so, what video camera are you using?

Also, what kind of content are you filming? Are you going to be on-camera or off?

I'm a fan of lavalier microphones. They produce a nice, clear sound but if you're moving around, that won't work unless you either buy a wireless kit (hundreds of dollars) or if you record the audio to your phone (using something like a Rode SmartLav+) and sync the video and audio in the editing phase.

More about your video camera and intended use and I can give you more tips.

FalsePhoenix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry, i should have e mentioned that it's for use while playing/Recording games

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd suggest an Audio Technica ATR3350 that you can connect directly into the microphone input of your computer.