Record on a Mac

CSoAmazon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask for some recommendations on a recording software. I tried to record some footage with Photobooth on my mac and it was difficult to use. I learned about variable and constant rate footage and had to run it through a converter to have Adobe Premire Pro have the sound work right.

Today I am looking around for a strait up recording software to add on my Mac so I can in essence make a portable studio. Any recommendations are appriciated , and free would be great but I dont mind spending on somethng that would be good.

P.S. I Edit on a windows box, I only use my Mac to record footage since is an Air.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I use ScreenFlow on my mac to record my mac stuff footage and then Audacity for audio purposes.

Reactions: CSoAmazon

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi! I use Open Broadcast Studio and it works great! It records your screen, audio, and your webcam all at once at whatever output quality your computer and handle. And the best part it's free! If you want to see it in action, the art speed edit videos I put up on my channel are recorded with OBS.

Jamiemcg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use Screencast-O-Matic for recording my screen and find that it works pretty well.

You can also use it to record video you were webcam or a combination of your webcam and screen.

There is a free version, but it does include a watermark on your videos. However, for $15 per year you can upgrade to the paid version, which removes the watermark as well as adds some additional features.

CSoAmazon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi! I use Open Broadcast Studio and it works great! It records your screen, audio, and your webcam all at once at whatever output quality your computer and handle. And the best part it's free! If you want to see it in action, the art speed edit videos I put up on my channel are recorded with OBS.
Can OBS record just my webcam? I've used it before with my wife's Twitch channel for chroma key stuff.

FrankDoorhof

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Check out :
OBS
Camtwist

But in the end I went for wirecast and never looked back. It's absolutely awesome.

We do (among other things) a 2 hour live broadcast from our studio every month and duo cast that via YT and facebook plus record it and it never failed me. Where the other solutions didn't appear that stable.