Question about Channel Keywords?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the field for "Channel Keywords" on the Advanced Settings page.. Do I separate each keyword / keyphrase with a comma? and how many should be added here?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can just seperate it with a comma, for example gamer, gaming, gamage, lets plays, funbags

it will then automatically correct it, i think it uses " from memory

you can add a few in there but its more of a leftover thing from youtube of old so don't put too much work into it

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does it still help a little bit at least to have good keywords / phrases in there tho? :p How many should I add?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah it still helps. don't add anything too generic like "gaming" or "lets play" or in your case "birds" and "fish" be a bit more specific about your channel, have about 5 or 6

Reactions: SeanFace101

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll disagree with @Loki Doki a little here. My strategy is add about 20% genre keywords, such as toy, toys, kids, kid friendly, kids youtube, etc. The remaining 80% are medium to longtails that you are trying to rank for.
I completely fill the 500 characters available.
The important thing is to then incorporate all you tags in the description. I recommend 3 solid paragraphs with natural sentences using as many of your tags and variations as possible.
In the early stages of the video's life, and for low channel authority, the primary ranking mechanism for search and suggested is tags and description.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll disagree with @Loki Doki a little here. My strategy is add about 20% genre keywords, such as toy, toys, kids, kid friendly, kids youtube, etc. The remaining 80% are medium to longtails that you are trying to rank for.
I completely fill the 500 characters available.
The important thing is to then incorporate all you tags in the description. I recommend 3 solid paragraphs with natural sentences using as many of your tags and variations as possible.
In the early stages of the video's life, and for low channel authority, the primary ranking mechanism for search and suggested is tags and description.
maybe read the original question again :)