Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quality is always more important than quantity, but there comes a time when polish, for the sake of polish, or flash for the sake of flash, becomes a losing proposition. For me, the content is more important than having flashy animation and eye candy. Nothing is added by spending 10 hours working on some piece of visual bling that nobody is going to be impressed with and will not add to the message I'm trying to get across. So there's a balancing act here as well.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quality is always more important than quantity, but there comes a time when polish, for the sake of polish, or flash for the sake of flash, becomes a losing proposition. For me, the content is more important than having flashy animation and eye candy. Nothing is added by spending 10 hours working on some piece of visual bling that nobody is going to be impressed with and will not add to the message I'm trying to get across. So there's a balancing act here as well.
THIS is great advice. Don’t throw away “good” for “perfect.”

Reactions: Cephus
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would like to think quality over quantity but it is not working for me. I am taking too long to create a video and i think i need to lower the quality - especially in the genre of videos im producing...

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Quality is the definite answer. People who make a lot of quantity video tend to suffer a lot of quality in their video hence it will not attract viewer to watch the video at all because all the creator think is if he/she make a huge amount of video, it will guarantee a lot of view and subscribers. It might work back then when YouTube isn't that strict but now you have to think about quality over quantity. It might be better if you balanced both of it cause there is some people who can't wait too long for your next video therefore they will lost interest and unsubscribed.

Bomber Brigade

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quality is always better, but at some point, we all worry about quantity as well. Some videos I make are more focused on the quantity because it's easy to make similar videos. For some videos, quality is more important but there's less of those videos being uploaded daily. A good balance is key I think. Not all of your content has to be a masterpiece but its good to have some videos that are.