Promote your videos on Reddit- YES OR NO?

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone,

Wanted to know your experiences of using Reddit, only used it a couple of times and seems like a lot of trolls on there.

Let me know what you think of it please.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If someone is a regular user of Reddit and contributes there fairly often whether they're promoting a video or not, then they promoting themselves shouldn't be a problem.

If, on the other hand, their only purpose for Reddit is to use it for self promotion, it likely won't go over so well.

thereagan

Reaction score
generally speaking, ppl on reddit, dislike self promotion, also most sub-reddit require you to be very active in the reddit community , aka you must have a low % of your own posts made for self promotion.
still you will get a tons of dislike just because you posted your video.

on the bright side, there's a few subreddit just made for posting videos, wich is good for backlinking, but not really for getting huge views.

going viral on reddit is a very hard job, wich require a very huge amount of time invested, also you need a very high quality content .

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't really post on reddit that often myself. I feel like it attracts trolls who will just dislike your video without even watching.

Reactions: javacentral

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally i dont recommend the use of Reddit if you have low comment or link karma. I prefer the use of StumbleUpon more than Reddit which is much easier to get into the content that fit your interests. However, StumbleUpon spam system can detect your activity and flag your content as spam if you use it to promote your videos without being a good stumbler.

Reactions: CelyD87

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
i really wouldnt. reddit can be such a gift with views but can also be poison if people dont like you

chrispcgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes and No. Reddit brings allot of views, but can also bring allot of attacks for pretty much no reason too.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have used Reddit a few time. It has brought me a few views but I did notice that it does also attract some negative comments. I guess people on Reddit don't appreciate people pushing their content unless they contribute which is fair. But they are very strict on what you post and where.. they will quickly take down a post if your not in the correct sub Reddit.

chrispcgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have used Reddit a few time. It has brought me a few views but I did notice that it does also attract some negative comments. I guess people on Reddit don't appreciate people pushing their content unless they contribute which is fair. But they are very strict on what you post and where.. they will quickly take down a post if your not in the correct sub Reddit.
Go with twitter because retweets from big accounts can bring allot of traffic.

I'm 100% focusing on twitter and trying to learn how to milk it for views.

Only way to grow your channel is by people watching your videos.