Privacy Settings (User Roles)

Faizan Mahmood

Reaction score
Hi...
Can somebody tell me about youtube users roles... I am a little bit confused about my data ... Secure or not?Two users manage a (YOUTUBE) channel one is owner & second one is manger ... I want manger just add a video on my channel or just view it ... never have permission to delete/edit... The only owner has access to edit or delete... So please tell me the way how I secure my videos (data) on youtube channel...
Thanks...

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi...
Can somebody tell me about youtube users roles... I am a little bit confused about my data ... Secure or not?Two users manage a (YOUTUBE) channel one is owner & second one is manger ... I want manger just add a video on my channel or just view it ... never have permission to delete/edit... The only owner has access to edit or delete... So please tell me the way how I secure my videos (data) on youtube channel...
Thanks...

Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I didn't know you could have user roles on a YouTube channel,
Have you checked the YouTube Help/advice on the site itself, that might have the answers you are looking for.

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure there is currently a role that has specifically those permissions. The manager role was added mainly for bigger channels to enable the Owner to hire someone to... well.. manage the channel. This giving the owner more time to create. The only difference (i think) between the two roles is the owner has access to everything including the money management whereas a manager can only manage/edit/post and delete videos.
I'd recommend only appointing managers you trust.
Either that or pay someone to manage it and get them to sign a management contract/agreement. That way, if they do something outwith the permit of the contract you can take legal action. This way, you can outline manager permissions in the contract (if you are serious about it).