Premiere Pro users, I need your help!

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, so I've been having a problem with Adobe Premiere Pro, basically when I start editing everything works great for example, if I decide to cut a part of a video out, I put the cursor on the spot I want to cut and just press on it and it makes the cut exactly where the cursor is as shown as an example here :
(hopefully it shows) the same goes for example when I cut that part out and i want to stick back those 2 parts that weren't cut together I just grab one and stick to the other and it puts frame to frame, which is what I want :

but after some time of editing that stops working, I don't know whether if I press anything or is it bugged or what's happening but whenever I try to cut where the cursor is it just cuts where my mouse is which can be a frame to the left or the right, and If i want to stick two parts together it just goes over it without marking it.

I hope I explained well enough to understand what the problem is, and if u know the solution I'll be very thankful, this has been bugging me for quite some time now.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
As I have never experienced such problem I would advice to write to Adobe support or look for solution in google.

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As I have never experienced such problem I would advice to write to Adobe support or look for solution in google.
I've searched through google, couldn't find an answer, only found different problems with premiere pro that accrued to other customers, but as far as writing to Adobe support, never though about that, maybe I should give it a try if no one here can help me out.

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you switched snap off by mistake, by any chance?

First 50 seconds or so of this video show how snap works with the cut tool: vimeo.com/62439840

Reactions: Funzo

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you switched snap off by mistake, by any chance?

First 50 seconds or so of this video show how snap works with the cut tool: vimeo.com/62439840
Oh my god thank you, that was the problem.. I can't believe that it was that simple of a solution, and I couldn't figure it out. oh well. Thank you again!!

Reactions: DJBenz

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It happened to me once not long ago and honestly, all I did was close Premiere Pro an open it again. Fixed it for me! Sorry for not being able to help more :(

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It happened to me once not long ago and honestly, all I did was close Premiere Pro an open it again. Fixed it for me! Sorry for not being able to help more :(
Yeah I've tryed that, but only works when you start a new project. I didn't want to start all over again, but when I reopen the same project that had that problem it didn't fix it

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my god thank you, that was the problem.. I can't believe that it was that simple of a solution, and I couldn't figure it out. oh well. Thank you again!!
Cool, glad I could help. :)

Reactions: Funzo