Posting every two weeks?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Right now I’m posting every other Friday, and want to hopefully strart doing every week starting next year (I will be moving in the spring and starting at a job that will give me more free time to work on my videos). Anyway, I was wondering if every other week is enough to post for now or would you recommend trying harder to post more often, especially since my channel is fairly new?

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Every other week seems like a big gap to me. Every day that you don't upload, viewers will connect with others who do upload on those days. Depending on the content weekly would be bare minimum and that would probably still be a stretch.

War

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well at the end of the day go at it on your own pace..but ideally the more uploads the better to keep your audience engaged..if i wasnt slacking i would of achieved quite the results too lul

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Taking a look at you analytics will tell you the answer to this question. I myself post twice a week at the moment and I alway see a peak of activity on days that I upload, with a steep decline afterwards. You want to avoid 0 engagement on your channel, so you should upload before the watch time hits zero.
Idealy, I should upload every other day, if I want to keep the watch time up. This is just not possible for me, so I don't do it. As War said, just do your own pace. What is best for getting views isn't always best for you ;)

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to post weekly, but it doesn’t always happen. Sometimes it’s 10 days to 2 weeks between videos and it hasn’t substantially affected my channel. In fact, I think that’s one reason I have high view counts (in relation to number of subscribers) on most of my videos. Channels of similar size in my niche post much more frequently, but have far less views per video.

Would it be better to post more frequently? Absolutely. But not at the expense of quality just for the sake of posting. If your current situation means you can only post every couple of weeks, then so be it. Don’t let it take away the fun parts of running a channel. Having said that, if you’re fiddling away time during the week that you could dedicate to filming, then yeah, you should reevaluate. Otherwise, post quality content as often as you can and communicate that to your viewers. Best of luck!

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree, at your own pace is key, you don't want to over commit yourself and then not publish. I think as long as your consistantyour subscribers will know and understand.

I currently publish every 2 weeks, partly due to time I have available, partly due to content I can create, and there isn't much competition in my field for content, so far it seems to be working ok.

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Currently I'm posting every other week. But best to publish every week. Keep your audience engaged. But just be aware I've seen people posting every week and then running out of ideas. So plan your ideas properly if you are planning to do every week.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Not all of your videos have to be fitness tutorials/demos/workouts. Do some personality vids to fill in the void. Short and easy to make.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone

Right now I’m posting every other Friday, and want to hopefully strart doing every week starting next year (I will be moving in the spring and starting at a job that will give me more free time to work on my videos). Anyway, I was wondering if every other week is enough to post for now or would you recommend trying harder to post more often, especially since my channel is fairly new?
I switched from weekly uploads to fortnightly uploads.

My traffic slows down massively on the off week.

But I needed to do upload less to keep me motivated and allow me to enjoy what I love doing, diving and making videos.

I found with a weekly upload schedule I was rushed, I didn't have time to properly review my footage or edit.

I don't agree with putting out filler content. Only put out the best you can make. Your viewers know when its a filler video, and it will not attract casual viewers.

I'm a bit OCD, it would irritate me seeing my video upload list have a video that has significantly less than the others bc it was a filler :tongue:

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I switched from weekly uploads to fortnightly uploads.

My traffic slows down massively on the off week.

But I needed to do upload less to keep me motivated and allow me to enjoy what I love doing, diving and making videos.

I found with a weekly upload schedule I was rushed, I didn't have time to properly review my footage or edit.

I don't agree with putting out filler content. Only put out the best you can make. Your viewers know when its a filler video, and it will not attract casual viewers.

I'm a bit OCD, it would irritate me seeing my video upload list have a video that has significantly less than the others bc it was a filler :tongue:
I completely have to agree with this... I hate being rushed and I hate putting out something that I know was kind of halfassed or even that I know could be better. I would love t post every week unfortunately, if I did I would definitely be sacrificing the quality of my content. Definitely a goal for 2018 though, a change of location and career will definitely help!