Please i need answer

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hello guys
my channel get 1 strike from another competitive channel and i already give 2 strikes for this channel and the 3 is in process
my questions is :
1 - if his channel terminated ..the strike he give me goes with his closed channel or still wait 3 months to end ? :(
2 - if his channel terminated ...can i upload the same video that i take strike on it in first place without problem ?...cause its not fair strike anyway :banghead:
hope someone replay very soon and thanks in advance :)

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Do you have all of the necessary rights/ permissions to use all of the footage in your videos?

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
there no relation to ur answer with my question
u replay my questions with other question !
i dont really get u bro i ask 2 question please if you have answer replay
and yes i have permissions to use my videos

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Often in order to give an accurate answer, more information is needed. Asking questions in order to acquire that information is the standard method.

It seems unusual that 2 channels would give strikes to each other. What was the reasoning given by the other channel when they gave you a strike? What was the reasoning used when you gave them strikes?

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thank for replay

the reason was translation lyrics stolen
he stole 3 lyrics video from my channel
i stole one from his video (i didn't know actually)
the main question is when his channel terminated did the strike he gave me goes or still valid till 3 months ?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Translation lyrics...
So, you both take existing songs and translate them into a different language and put subtitles on them?
Did the both of you actually take the video from the other's channel and reupload it on your own, or did you each make your own translation of the videos after the other channel made the same one? How can you steal his video without knowing?

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
we both translating songs to same language (Arabic) but i put English lyrics too next to Arabic translation
no for me i make my own video most of them gmv and he use only amv and if i take somone video only after his permission
his translation and mine very similair cause its our same language Arabic so i think YouTube team didn't know the difference (which is huge difference between my translation and his only few words similar )
i don't steal his video lol
i tell u when i make the translation to Arabic he was made it before but mine is difference than him but there is same words of course cause its same language Arabic
so when i report him or he report me ..YouTube consider it like translation lyrics was stolen and its not only few words same in coinsidice

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So actually, YouTube isn't mistaking your videos for his. When you report one of his videos, YouTube doesn't actually look to see if you have that video on your channel. You don't even need to have a channel to report someone violating your copyright to YouTube. I don't know their whole process of validating DMCA takedown notifications, but for the most part they leave it up to you and him to work it out.

So what's actually happening here is neither of you are infringing each other's copyrights, so his strike to you and your strikes to him are false and abuses of the system. It's not legal to take down someone's video because you don't like it. It is only legal to do so if they are using audio or video that you created. You and he don't have a copyright on the Arabic or English versions of the lyrics of those songs, so it is illegal to take down videos because they use them.

And besides all that, the people who wrote the lyrics own the copyright, and perhaps the companies they work for. That also goes for the video and the music. You and he don't own the copyrights to any of them, and posting video and music with the lyrics in a different language isn't protected under Fair Use, so neither of you should be posting any of your videos.

But to answer your question, the strike would remain if his channel was terminated and you'd have to wait the 3 months.

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks for replay :)
about the strikes i disagree with u im sure YouTube team check the videos and compare between mine and his than he decide if his report valid or false ...same thing to me when i report his videos it takes days than YouTube replay that i was right and his video get deleted ..i don't think company like YouTube that have thousands workers don't check ur report and remove any video u want if that's true so i can go to ur channel and report any video and take it down and this impossible cause in the end they check my channel and yours and find my report is false witch is give me the strike not u in the end
i sent them message about the strike and they replay one hour ago and here is their replay : ( i only put the half of message cause the first one has url )

Deleting the video that received a strike will not resolve the strike.

When we're notified by an authorized representative of the copyright holder that a particular video uploaded to our site infringes another's copyright, we respond promptly. If there remain videos on the site that appear similar to the one(s) we've removed, we are likely either not aware of them or do not have reason to believe they are infringing. Sometimes a copyright owner authorizes some, but not all, of its works to appear on our site. Other times, very similar videos are owned by different copyright owners, and one may grant permission while another does not.

Please check out our Copyright center , where we've provided some guidelines to help you determine whether your video infringes someone else's copyright.

Regards,
Nick.
Google YouTube Team

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
They can't judge it just by looking at channels because if I uploaded a TV show that isn't on YouTube, the owner of the show can have my video taken down. Like I said, I don't know their exact process in determining the validity of takedown notifications, but it can't be as simple as seeing if the other person has the same video up. Besides, neither of you own the copyrights to the content you are posting, so no striking should've taken place to begin with. You're abusing the system, unless I'm misunderstanding the situation as described.