Playlist Strategies

How is creating a playlist considered spam?

Creating a playlist isn't spam. But that isn't what anybody is discussing here.

Maybe you should go back, read the whole thread, watch the part of the Derryl's video that OP mentions and then read my posts again. :)

Derryl is discussing a specific "strategy" of creating lots of playlists to try and trick the algorithm. Watch the video. :)

My point is that, best case scenario, I doubt it'd have any effect on the algorithm. Worst case scenario, it could be be considered spammy to be creating a new playlist every day (particularly if all the metadata is duplicated) and that could result in a community strike. Indeed, if you watch the video, Derryl even mentions someone getting a strike for it....

Creating a playlist isn't spam. But that isn't what anybody is discussing here.

Maybe you should go back, read the whole thread, watch the part of the Derryl's video that OP mentions and then read my posts again. :)

Derryl is discussing a specific "strategy" of creating lots of playlists to try and trick the algorithm. Watch the video. :)

My point is that, best case scenario, I doubt it'd have any effect on the algorithm. Worst case scenario, it could be be considered spammy to be creating a new playlist every day (particularly if all the metadata is duplicated) and that could result in a community strike. Indeed, if you watch the video, Derryl even mentions someone getting a strike for it....

I read everything and did watch the video, except I didn't remember him saying someone got a strike! I will have to rewatch that part. Just seems to me it wouldn't be spammy to create several playlist.. but that is just me:) Since he did mention someone getting a strike, then it must be so :)

Indeed, if you watch the video, Derryl even mentions someone getting a strike for it

If I recall the video correctly, the strike was not for creating too many playlists. It was instead for putting spammy tag heavy words in the description.

As in: Mario kart, Mario kart 8, Nintendo, Nintendo wii, game play.
Instead of: Game play channels play Mario Kart 8 on the Nintendo Wii.

If I remember correctly I think he said having 1000s of playlist would be fine...

I was also thinking of creating playlists on days I cannot upload. Its getting more and more difficult fit me to keep uploading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nothing seems shady about it at all man. If anything its an efficient and effective way to use this feature to its potential. To allow you to get the desired exposure you need with the clever use of playlists.

I say go for it and use it to your max potential, ain't gonna nothing to lose but time so give it a go and let us know how you get on .

Back