Picking up controller/keyboard noise

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So when I want to record a video with voice I can always here my controller clicks or keyboard. My mic is above my head so it isn't even near the controller or keyboard. Anyone know a way to solve this?

Thanks!

Brimfor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
you could use audacity to remove background noise this would probably be the best way to mimalise the background noise (Keyboard and controller clicks).

Reactions: NotUnknownGamer

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Above your head? That's an interesting place to put it.

Microphones work based on the force of audio coming from the source. The louder the main source of audio, the less you will hear the quieter audio signals it can record.

So yeah, if you put the mic above your head, your voice volume will be pretty low, meaning you turn the gain up and key a lot of "not your voice" audio recorded. Most mics that gamers use are designed to be placed about 6-8 inches in front of your face and slightly off to the left or to the right to help remove plosives. Turn the gain on the mic down and put it in front of your face.

Reactions: NotUnknownGamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Above your head? That's an interesting place to put it.

Microphones work based on the force of audio coming from the source. The louder the main source of audio, the less you will hear the quieter audio signals it can record.

So yeah, if you put the mic above your head, your voice volume will be pretty low, meaning you turn the gain up and key a lot of "not your voice" audio recorded. Most mics that gamers use are designed to be placed about 6-8 inches in front of your face and slightly off to the left or to the right to help remove plosives. Turn the gain on the mic down and put it in front of your face.
Sounds pretty logical. And yes, i know it is a weird place but that's how it was the easiest to set it up now. I will try out what you just told me as soon as I have moved into my new house.