People being "wannabes?"

.....must.....resist.....urge........ff...... you wanna be....nooooooo don`t do it............
my lover, you gotta get with my friends,

Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is

In regard to the post however, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So I say let people try to be like their idols and then try to surpass them. When I started I wanted to be like Gabriel Igelsias and over time became my own comic. :)

.....must.....resist.....urge........ff...... you wanna be....nooooooo don`t do it............
my lover, you gotta get with my friends,

Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is

In regard to the post however, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So I say let people try to be like their idols and then try to surpass them. When I started I wanted to be like Gabriel Igelsias and over time became my own comic. :)
BWAHAHAHA!
Good to know I wasn't the only one who thought of that song when they saw the title...

I have no idea who this is aimed at, and it's pretty sad that you are actually aiming this at someone.

But I just think they're inspired.

I have no idea who this is aimed at, and it's pretty sad that you are actually aiming this at someone.

But I just think they're inspired.
Never said that it was somebody on here, i mean people that post videos on youtube and then copy other peoples slogans/phrases during their videos.

Okay, well ive seen this on afew of youtube posters (not on here) and I'm not gonna mention names, i know theres afew people that are trying to be, like pewdiepie, and i think wow, they are actually failing pretty bad, and would never be like him, why do people do this? :confused: Have any of you guys seen people trying to be or live upto somebody else's youtube videos / standards?
Its simple, they've seen someone succeed and automatically think they have to do the same thing to succeed themseles. (As opposed to being original) :)

Damn i hope people dont see me as a wannabe :O
Well, but yeah there are some people that go way to far with the copycat thingy XP Well, he can be their Idol, but they shouldnt be completely equal to them X)

Never said that it was somebody on here, i mean people that post videos on youtube and then copy other peoples slogans/phrases during their videos.
Oh, that's good. I thought when I opened this thread that the meanest thing you could say to someone who might be trying to be his own person would be "You are a wannabe, and you should stop copying *insert famous person who does the same video game here*". But now that is cleared up, if somebody is calling his subs bros and copying his words, that is justified then. As long as it isn't just some guy on youtube who makes youtube vids about the same things pewdipie does.

I thought that gaming videos are supposed to look like that.. I don't watch that kind of videos, obviously, but is it that they trying to be like him?
I'm really confused right now!:unsure:

Back