Overall Channel Review - 365 Days Later

RashadTheCreator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!!

I've been doing Youtube for a year now and it has been amazing. My channel has grown a little, and I'm getting more consistent at putting out content. I would appreciate it very much if I could get some feedback on the below:

1. Branding - I'm thinking of changing up the graphics on my channel to show progress/improvement. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do to make it look fresh and inviting?

2. Subscribers - My community has grown but I would love to hit at least 100 subscribers by December. Any ideas on what i can do to increase this? Even if someone has a site where i can advertise my videos.

3. Content - for my niche which is Movie/TV Show reviews, do you think I'm catering to my audience?

4. Video quality/Content - I am currently in the process of buying new equipment to increase the quality of my videos. Can anyone recommend anything I could use in the meantime to create reaction videos or to make my videos look better. Apps etc?

Link to my channel just in case it doesn't show up automatically https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClcHQIQG25YxGa-VhULGWsw?view_as=subscriber

Thanks for reading and for all the help!

Last edited:

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all, you need to start making thumbnails. It looks like you are just taking pictures from the videos or using the auto thumbnail feature for all of your thumbnails, and none of them look clickable. I would recommend using the program GIMP, and there are plenty of tutorials on how to make thumbnails with it, and it's free! You might want to make a colorful thin border around each thumbnail, and add text and images, although keep it to a minimum, meaning only 2-3 images at max, and the text needs to be big enough to see when it's displayed on YouTube.

Reactions: RashadTheCreator

RashadTheCreator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all, you need to start making thumbnails. It looks like you are just taking pictures from the videos or using the auto thumbnail feature for all of your thumbnails, and none of them look clickable. I would recommend using the program GIMP, and there are plenty of tutorials on how to make thumbnails with it, and it's free! You might want to make a colorful thin border around each thumbnail, and add text and images, although keep it to a minimum, meaning only 2-3 images at max, and the text needs to be big enough to see when it's displayed on YouTube.

Thank you very much!! I didn't think that they were any issues with my thumbnails so thanks for pointing that out!! I will get more creative and checkout GIMP

Zadey

Reaction score
I recommend using paint.net as it's simpler then moving on to photoshop. 99% of youtube thumbnails are done through adobe photoshop. The simplest recommendation I can give you is to

1. Use thumbnails of the movie or movie characters. You're main goal is to provide value, and nobody knows you who are yet, so it's better to focus on the movie rather than yourself. You can use a simple greenscreen then put the movie characters or movie in the background.

2. Improve audio quality. Since most of your video is your audio, audio quality is important. I recommend getting a mic stand with a Blue Yeti or a AT 2020 and a pop filter for starters.

3. Use movie clips throughout your video. Provide context to viewers instead of them just watching your face all the time.

RashadTheCreator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recommend using paint.net as it's simpler then moving on to photoshop. 99% of youtube thumbnails are done through adobe photoshop. The simplest recommendation I can give you is to

1. Use thumbnails of the movie or movie characters. You're main goal is to provide value, and nobody knows you who are yet, so it's better to focus on the movie rather than yourself. You can use a simple greenscreen then put the movie characters or movie in the background.

2. Improve audio quality. Since most of your video is your audio, audio quality is important. I recommend getting a mic stand with a Blue Yeti or a AT 2020 and a pop filter for starters.

3. Use movie clips throughout your video. Provide context to viewers instead of them just watching your face all the time.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful. I will look into paint.net as photoshop seems to have a steep learning curve atm and I will need more time to master it. I've heard blue yeti mics are a youtuber standard so that will be my next purchase! Thanks again for the feedback

Reactions: Zadey

Zadey

Reaction score
There is also a free program called "Voicemeeter banana" which you can use to improve the quality of your voice recordings. I use it personally, it does take some setup time though.

This program offers a noise gate to filter background noise and other compression which will make your voice sound more professional (even with the blue yeti)