omg fraps :')

Thanks but I've tried the top point, I've tried recording at 40fps and it still drops to same fps, I haven't tried the second as I don't have another HDD at the minute and my SSD is just big enough for my OS. I'll probably by another HDD at some point anyway so I can try it then :D
ahh that might be why then, as you're hard drive is writing video files, game saves, OS and such and then also reading pretty much all the same things plus more. It might just be straining on your SSD :) plus an SSD isn't the best for recording gamesplays as they aren't really very big..

ahh that might be why then, as you're hard drive is writing video files, game saves, OS and such and then also reading pretty much all the same things plus more. It might just be straining on your SSD :) plus an SSD isn't the best for recording gamesplays as they aren't really very big..

The OS and Fraps are separate on a SSD for a faster loadup times. The HDD has the game and stores the video file. So it shouldn't be loading too much at once :D

EDIT* I can see on my last post I didn't say I had a hard drive to start with, sorry about that

The OS and Fraps are separate on a SSD for a faster loadup times. The HDD has the game and stores the video file. So it shouldn't be loading too much at once :D

EDIT* I can see on my last post I didn't say I had a hard drive to start with, sorry about that
ahh regardless, the hard drive is still being strained on because everything is being read and written to it, running a game at a high res, plus recording this game at the same res off 1 hard drive is normally just to much. You want the recording to go onto a hardrive which has literally no use apart from storage (I use a harddrive which is 7200RPM at all its for is storing; pictures, youtube videos, films and backups)

ahh regardless, the hard drive is still being strained on because everything is being read and written to it, running a game at a high res, plus recording this game at the same res off 1 hard drive is normally just to much. You want the recording to go onto a hardrive which has literally no use apart from storage (I use a harddrive which is 7200RPM at all its for is storing; pictures, youtube videos, films and backups)

Thats what I'm planning, my current 7200 will hold the games and my general clutter, and I'll get like a 2TB just for recordings.

Thats what I'm planning, my current 7200 will hold the games and my general clutter, and I'll get like a 2TB just for recordings.
ah sounds good :) and damn 2TB just for recording? do you keep the original games files after you've rendered then?

ah sounds good :) and damn 2TB just for recording? do you keep the original games files after you've rendered then?

The video files are so big its ridiculous, I use about 500GB currently of recordings and thats only two 2 hr files. I render it in parts so I have to keep them for the length of the entire series (like most people do) and then I just delete them afterwards. I only keep the original file if its really good and I want to save it for any future reuse. A 2TB isn't massively expensive compared to the 1TB and it will mean I probably don't have to change it again anytime soon :)

The video files are so big its ridiculous, I use about 500GB currently of recordings and thats only two 2 hr files. I render it in parts so I have to keep them for the length of the entire series (like most people do) and then I just delete them afterwards. I only keep the original file if its really good and I want to save it for any future reuse. A 2TB isn't massively expensive compared to the 1TB and it will mean I probably don't have to change it again anytime soon :)
500GB for 2 hours!? holy crap!? what are you doing? :') 2 hours for me would be like.. 200gb or so :')

Back