omg fraps :')

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Just recorded a LOL video and forgot to change to 1280x720.. so instead it was recorded at 1600x900 and the file is around 51gb's :') oh man you gotta love fraps sometimes...

(if this doesn't belong here can a mod move it)

Just recorded a LOL video and forgot to change to 1280x720.. so instead it was recorded at 1600x900 and the file is around 51gb's :') oh man you gotta love fraps sometimes...

(if this doesn't belong here can a mod move it)

I can remember that :)

Fraps sizes and its general strain on my computer, made me switch to Dxtory. I don't even know why it lags when my computer is pretty new and reasonably specced. Dxtory seems to sacrifice a small bit of quality and make the size more compact.

I can remember that :)

Fraps sizes and its general strain on my computer, made me switch to Dxtory. I don't even know why it lags when my computer is pretty new and reasonably specced. Dxtory seems to sacrifice a small bit of quality and make the size more compact.
Fraps works absolutely wonderful over here o.o

xD Fraps is awesome but le file sizes are a pain in the a** xD Good luck with rendering or re recording xD

Fraps works absolutely wonderful over here o.o

I've never been able to solve my issues with it, Fraps drops my frame rate by 20-30 usually, and when I'm getting about 50 frames that makes the video dip below 30 too often and it looks all choppy, never mind me playing it choppy aswell :(

51gb? holy crap but jeez, I recorded a 57 minute session with Dxtory yesterday without sound and it's 59.9GB :( I did record in 1920x1080 though so that's probably why xD

For Anybody that might be looking for a fraps alternatives I have heard good things about Mirillis Action thought it might help

xD Fraps is awesome but le file sizes are a pain in the a** xD Good luck with rendering or re recording xD
haha thanks! :) Premiere doesn't seem to have the slightest problem with the file size, I was even able to preview straight away :) no lag what so ever!

I've never been able to solve my issues with it, Fraps drops my frame rate by 20-30 usually, and when I'm getting about 50 frames that makes the video dip below 30 too often and it looks all choppy, never mind me playing it choppy aswell :(
If you go into the movie settings on fraps you might have it checked so that it only records at around 30fps.. that means the game won't go above 30fps while recording :)
Also if you record onto a seperate hard drive (the one that doesn't have all your program and computer files) it doesn't lagg at all :)

51gb? holy crap but jeez, I recorded a 57 minute session with Dxtory yesterday without sound and it's 59.9GB :( I did record in 1920x1080 though so that's probably why xD
haha yer I normally record and render in 720p because I don't see the point in going to 1080p .. no one will watch or need to watch these videos full screen :')
I was also recording game sound and Blue Yeti sound :)

If you go into the movie settings on fraps you might have it checked so that it only records at around 30fps.. that means the game won't go above 30fps while recording :)
Also if you record onto a seperate hard drive (the one that doesn't have all your program and computer files) it doesn't lagg at all :)

Thanks but I've tried the top point, I've tried recording at 40fps and it still drops to same fps, I haven't tried the second as I don't have another HDD at the minute and my SSD is just big enough for my OS. I'll probably by another HDD at some point anyway so I can try it then :D

Back