Obviously can't make a YouTube schedule what do I do?

LKgolf

Reaction score
I agree with the other posts here. Get ahead of your video schedule a bit and post them according to the schedule you've said if you want to stick with the schedule. I don't think scheduling of the videos is important for me either, but I've seen videos saying that YT's algorithm favors someone that posts on a regular schedule. Not sure if that's true or not but I personally don't care if someone I sub to is a day late or even gone for a week lol. The way I see it, I can go back and watch their videos if I really like their content whenever I want, I don't have to watch according to their schedule.

Dr. Creepster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would say the same thing as many others: Work on them whenever you can, and then schedule the uploads. I think that is the only way to get a consistent upload rate :/

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just got a new job. It's random days and random times. i don't know what times or days till like the night before. Therefore I can't post a youtube schedule. So what do I do? also with cover songs etc I get permission before I even record them so sometimes it takes months just to hear back. Again can't post a schedule that says "new cover weekly"
Why can't you schedule? I upload an entire week's worth of content, usually on Monday morning and they all post, one a day, at noon, like clockwork.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Why can't you schedule? I upload an entire week's worth of content, usually on Monday morning and they all post, one a day, at noon, like clockwork.
Look, I film for a business I'm usually on the road 24/7 when I'm not I'm with my family.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look, I film for a business I'm usually on the road 24/7 when I'm not I'm with my family.
None of which stops you from scheduling. The only thing that might is if you have an irregular production schedule. But if you can make videos on a regular basis, you can upload videos on a regular basis and you can schedule them to come out on a regular basis.

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Maybe create some filler content in between waiting for permission. You mentioned you are on the road a lot. Film it. Just a glance at your recent thumbnail suggests people are going to be watching partly due to your personality (a good thing). So some type of content to build up fans in anticipation of your new release is key.

Reactions: offbeatbryce

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Maybe create some filler content in between waiting for permission. You mentioned you are on the road a lot. Film it. Just a glance at your recent thumbnail suggests people are going to be watching partly due to your personality (a good thing). So some type of content to build up fans in anticipation of your new release is key.
Hello,

So I gave this some thought and think if I structure my channel different I can do reactions to silly photos I find online etc. Then I can have at least a weekly schedule

Reactions: MASE

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
@offbeatbryce Awesome. I would pay attention to current trends and what's popular. Get it out fast and target your tags. I think you will be surprised..

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As long as your videos are at a good quality, the amount is not too important. I would try maybe get a good quality video as a much as possible, however like the others have said if you need more to time to make it better don't rush it. Schedules are a pain unless you have a huge amount of time, just remember quality over quantity.

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I say a 'schedule' is just a loose word. I just focus on uploading at least two videos a week that's my schedule. Aim on having a minimum upload amount through the week. Everyone has random lives when you think about it, people have dates, appointments etc. to go to so 'schedule's' in the way you mean are pointless. I hope this helps.

Regarding you requesting permission to do a cover, I am probably wrong but if you are not passing it off as your own and maybe post it as a 'tutorial' I think it may be ok. Don't quote me on this though.