Obviously can't make a YouTube schedule what do I do?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I still
Well if thats the case, plan your video,then ask for permission and while your waiting work on your paid gigs, then when you finally get permission if it takes months you should have finished some of your commitments and you can plan shooting your video knowing you've got the preproduction side down to a tee :) I realise post is a very long and difficult stage but if you make preproduction and production as smooth as possible Post can be a breeze :)
what you think of me posting videos about what I have been doing such as what concerts I went to or things I'm interested in. I can't guarantee they will be funny all the time so I'm wondering if they should just go on my second channel. My comedy channel is for comedy and if it's something serious such as my thoughts on the recent school shooting it wouldn't be wise to put that on my comedy channel.

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I still

what you think of me posting videos about what I have been doing such as what concerts I went to or things I'm interested in. I can't guarantee they will be funny all the time so I'm wondering if they should just go on my second channel. My comedy channel is for comedy and if it's something serious such as my thoughts on the recent school shooting it wouldn't be wise to put that on my comedy channel.
Yeh that sounds pretty good man :) also the editing for videos like that would be much much quicker than a full blown skit or parody And! it has the brucey bonus of meaning you can still advertise your comedy channel through your second channel and still bring traffic in :) equally on your comedy channel if your view rates are alright you can advertise your second channel on your older videos and help bring traffic to your newest videos :)

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeh that sounds pretty good man :) also the editing for videos like that would be much much quicker than a full blown skit or parody And! it has the brucey bonus of meaning you can still advertise your comedy channel through your second channel and still bring traffic in :) equally on your comedy channel if your view rates are alright you can advertise your second channel on your older videos and help bring traffic to your newest videos :)
good idea.

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use to keep schedule and than I have some changes in my life. So , I adopt and posting now when I can( at least 1 video a week). Youtube is nice addition to main job and making videos for YT should not take over your life or add stress to it.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So you are saying work on videos for a month? What happens if I can't film half the month?
Well, I don't know how long it takes you to shoot a video. For me, it takes about 4 - 10 hours. So, I am saying that it might work if you shoot a video someday. Then schedule it to go live in a months time. Then in your random free time, you make another video and schedule it for the week after that and then whenever you have more time schedule another video.

This way when you have no time in a given week you are ahead of yourself and you can just skip it till later without disrupting your upload schedule.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well, I don't know how long it takes you to shoot a video. For me, it takes about 4 - 10 hours. So, I am saying that it might work if you shoot a video someday. Then schedule it to go live in a months time. Then in your random free time, you make another video and schedule it for the week after that and then whenever you have more time schedule another video.

This way when you have no time in a given week you are ahead of yourself and you can just skip it till later without disrupting your upload schedule.
Yeah I hear you but my videos also involve planning getting extra filmmakers, scripting etc which takes a while. I often need someone to move the camera and use it. I don't have a whole crew handy all the time either.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah I hear you but my videos also involve planning getting extra filmmakers, scripting etc which takes a while. I often need someone to move the camera and use it. I don't have a whole crew handy all the time either.
I think maybe the logic still applies. If you want to upload something every week and you have a random worck schedule, you're probably going to need to work ahead like this.

Or, you could try and develop some complimentary content for your channel. Maybe when you do get to make a video take some extra behind the scenes footage, or do a vlog, or do a downgraded version of the videos you already do. Anything. D4DArious calls this having A and B grade videos. A being the best you can do and B - not being filler but being something easier to do but still relevant and entertaining, just not super time consuming and difficult to produce.

This way, if you can't get a crew together then you can at least upload something. Do an awesome music video, then next week you've been too busy so you upload some bloopers or a little short video on how you did something.

Else, don't stick to a schedule. I know youtube forums and blogs and full of advice that pretty much says that a regular schedule is super important but it's not so important that you have to bend your entire life and channel around it. Perhaps it will be fine to just upload when you can. Just be real with the audience about it and don't trap yourself by telling them that you're going to do x videos a week. That will just make this fun hobby very stressful. That might throw your game off enough for people to notice.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are strapped for time - Just upload a quality video when you get the time to do it.
You could hurt your channel by putting out poor quality just to stick to schedule.

Reactions: coliwob

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say don´t worry about it. A schedule is not that important IMO. The important thing is that you make good videos and then you will get subscribers anyways. A lot of channel are doing fine without a schedule so again don´t worry about it:) I tried with a schedule in the beginning when I started my channel but found our early that it was imposible.