Not So Good Consequence of Daily Uploading

What could you possibly say everyday to keep people interested?
They're gaming videos, and the thought process I've heard behind it before is that it's not so much that you're assuming everyone's interested in you already, it's that you have more "leads" to your channel. More videos out there with tags that get searched and also, Youtube's algorithm sees you as more of an authority on a topic just for putting more videos about it out there, so there's a slight bump in promotion. However, it helps to pick more relevant games and subjects in general, but it's not an assumption that I want to be seen that much, it's an attempt at throwing more lines out into the water, you could say.

Also, it shows Youtube that you're serious about uploading, which is important for me because I was extremely inconsistent for a gaming channel. Sometimes I'd go months without anything. Great for showing people you're serious...

Daily is just too much. I usually upload once a week (Saturday), or max twice a week (I include Wednesday). It seems that it is going pretty fine with that, I am getting subscribers here and there and also there is plenty of time for one video to get noticed if it doesn`t go in one week than it is a good time for the new video to upload. But daily you don`t give it enough time for that video to be seen. There are also different time zones so maybe somebody still didn`t saw your old video and you are already uploading a new one.

I tend to lose a subscriber or two when I haven't uploaded for a few days (such as this last week for instance) so therefore for me I am very much wanting to upload a video a day and for the next month really see how it will affect my overall growth.

I've been uploading 6 videos a week for like 6 months now, yet I'm not noticing any drops in views. Then again most/all are inactive anyway, so probably has something to do with it.

I'm going to try putting up 2 a day for a week and see how it goes compared to my normal once daily traffic. I'm going to also post a video afterward asking my viewers how they liked it. I think I'll do it for my 50,000-sub milestone, which should be mid-October.

It is possible to turn off notifications to your subscribers, which seems counterproductive, but then you could turn it back on for the weekend. I don't know that I would ever try this, though.

Honestly, I'm just going to keep doing it. I'm not really noticing a drop in viewers. And I'm gaining a sub every other day, but some of them could be my ads running. It's hard to know without stopping either one or both. And I'm not going to do that just yet.

like most things on youtube, everyone and every channel is different, just because someone feels like daily uploads are not working for them doesn't mean it won't for someone else, also its easy to blame daily uploads when it might be your content or a number of other things. I myself upload two videos a day and have had no problems.

more important than how many uploads a day/week/month imo is keeping to a schedule, if your viewers expect daily videos because thats what you have always done, or thats what your promise upload schedule is on your youtube header. then stick to it, and give fair warning if it changes

as i said. every channel is different, even if your in the same niche, do your own homework and find out what works for your channel, this is not something where you can just copy someone else because thats what works for them

Oh I was never doing this to copy other people. I legit just wanted to. I'm pretty confident in the quality of my content (The newer stuff that is), but not so much in the subjects I use. I'm a little too small to be playing old games, but that's what I like.

I daily posted only when my videos been recommended by youtube a lot and it was great. Now I posting only 1-2 videos a week , because it is not worth to bust your butt every day for small views + it is less stressful too.

Back